Guys, are my dresses too....

Hey :) I'm just wondering you you guys think about my overall style. I've been a little nervous about looking "high maintenance" or something, even thought the only people who respond negatively are my friends who feel like I'm always "dressing up" to a just hanging out. The thing is I almost always dress like that! :( I just love dresses!

I wear pants sometimes, like when a dress would be illogical or too chilly; like when its raining, windy or snowy, but even then I kind of dress up. I wear tall "leather looking" boots, sometimes black, sometimes brown.

So here's a bunch of dresses I have or made to look like, I sew when I'm home for break and I can't afford modcloth, so I make replicas :)

link

link

link

link

link

link

link

link

link

link

link

Most of the dresses I make to look like these will have different materials, and may be a little longer or more flowy.

I know I shouldn't care about what people think, and to some extent I dont. I'm never going to stop wearing dresses, but I may consider not wearing one on our midnight trip to taco bell, you know what I mean?

They're just SO comfortable and so easy to put on. I just feel so pretty in the most effortless way :) and I get compliments all the time! But I also get awkward gawks at my 8:30am lecture classes hahaha

So opinions? First impressions? general impressions? Aren't they prettttyyy? :)

Should I tone it down?

**I don't mean just guys :)

It was more like "guys" as in everyone lol. Sorry!

Most Helpful Girl

• Your style looks chick, feminine and fashionable. I wouldn't get the high maintenance vibe from you, from clothes alone. Being high maintenance means you look like you'd be a bitch. And I don't think that when I look at those simple, yet beautiful dresses.

• chic* not chick.

What Guys Said 7

• I'm sorry we live in a society where women can't dress sexy and not worry about the hassle they'll get out on the street.

Don't worry about the gawks, for the most part people aren't unhappy to see you!

Good for yu for wanting to look impressive to everyone!

• Not what I'm into, but don't let that stop you. If it's your style, go with it. You've got talent if you can make accurate reproductions of those.

• They're EXTREMELY pretty, & this style is YOU! If you like wearing dresses that much, that's just who you are, & since it seems to make you feel good about yourself, I say wear them as much as your heart desires. Besides, they're not just pretty, they're cute, sexy & figure flattering as well...

• Off to Hollywood for you missy!

The first red dresses were perfect for dances - quite a flare but the whole ensemble suggests you have a talent & eye for "period" styles" that brings to mind stories put on film.

How old ARE you anyway?

• OO LA LA!

• Best ... Answer?

• wow

• In a good way or in a "wow, you're ridiculous" way? ><

• Oh! Thank you :) :)

• :)

What Girls Said 5

• I think they're really cute! I'm jealous. ;)

And I also think it's completely awesome that you make them yourself. I wear dresses fairly often too (I'd wear them more if I had more, haha), and I think it's more of a general vibe you give off that makes you appear high maintenance, not necessarily what you wear.

• i love them. You sew them? I would buy your dresses

• Aw thanks :) I didn't sew any of the above, those are all original photos from Modcloth.com :)

But I did make replicas of most of them, they aren't the best quality, but they look great :D

• that's more than I can do. I would buy the replicas :)

• That's how I dress too. In architecture most of the girls are indie and come in the most awesome clothing. But I love my girly dresses and my accessories and I think your sense of style is awesome too. I don't understand why your friends tell you that you're always "dressing up". Its nice to put effort into what you like.

Ps. I'm not a guy so I guess its irrelevant to your question. But you should dress how you want to dress not how your friends want you to dress.

• I meant generally like "you guys" lol, not just guys as in boys :)

But yay! I'm not alone!

• You have talent, I would wear those dresses, and no I don't think that makes you high maintenance.

• Maybe your friends are jealous that you're better dressed than them. I have a friend that acts like she gets mad whenever I look nice, but really it's because she tends to look sloppy sometimes.

I think it's cool that you sew! I bet you save a lot of money on shopping lol.

Some of the dresses shown are a little fancy like for special occassions, but you can always dress them down with certain accessories and shoes. I see nothing wrong with it, especially if you said that they make you feel pretty. If you feel good in your clothes that's all that matters. I wish I had the confidence to wear dresses, if I did I'd wear dresses like yours