Girls, would it scare you to watch your boyfriend compete?

A question for girls please...

If your boyfriend was competing in a kick-boxing style competition and he asked you to go along with him to watch... Would you go and support him?... Or would you be to worried about seeing him get hurt?

I'm in this situation with my boyfriend and just wondering what other girls might think and do?...

Most Helpful Girl

• I wouldn't be worried about going to watch. I'm guessing he's done it before and you shouldn't be worried. If he does get hurt, that's just part of the sport. I think you should go and watch. You might be surprised at how good he actually is.

• Hi, thanks for your reply. Just to update you, I?ve asked my boyfriend more about the competition & he?s told me its mixed-gender & he?s going to be competing against a girl! Also, the rules on strikes are relaxed, so that kicks & knees count anywhere & he's not allowed to wear a protective cup! He really wants me to go, but how would you feel about going to watch him compete against a girl when it?s likely that a girl might try to kick him in the balls as hard as she can right in front of you?

• Yeah, I guess from a neutral point of view it's an allowed move for the girl to kick a guy in the balls as hard as she wants, but I guess it would be rather cringling and unplesant to see and hear a guy in that much pain right in front of you. I was shocked though to see some girls laughing about it while he lay there rolling around in agony, but I was more concerned about my boyfriend to be honest! Thanks for replying to me though!... :o)

• sure, no problem

What Guys Said 2

• ino this is for the girls but I would go if I was you its not as bad as people think is he amatur or pro as amaturs were pads and gaurds so he is very likely not to get hurt unless he's crap at it which I would dout otherwise he wouldn't be fighting

• You've already asked this. *Sigh* Why do people feell the need to re-ask questions all the time on here?

I wouldn't have a boyfriend because I'm straight, but if I had one, I'd go watch if he wanted me to.

• Yeah... I didn't get to many replies though! lol Apologies...

• Eh, it's all good. At least you didn't ask me if you were pregnant, or my opinion on stretch marks.

• lol... ;o)

What Girls Said 6

• Yes it would. I competed in a MA competition myself once. I never did it again since I realized there is no point to it. I was talked into it and I won some money but in the end, it just seemed like a waste of my time. I learned nothing but the money.

Even if I didn't feel like that about these competitions, seeing someone I care about get hurt is not least bit entertaining. To me cheering for him is impossible since I would probably be too sad or disturbed from looking at him like that. If he wants it, I have no right to talk him out of it though. I would tell him how I feel and expect him to understand my actions.

• Thanks for your reply... As per my replies to the girl below, I did go to watch him & I was sat on the front row right next to the competitors. In the end my boyfriend lost by getting kicked in the balls as hard as the girl could, right in front of me! It was awful as he was just rolling around on the floor screaming in agony while she celebrated & many girls in the audience were laughing too! I was more concerned for him like, but I'm not sure why girls would laugh like that?...

• it wouldn't let me comment..but ya I used to always sit front row next to the mats, a lot of girlfriends will. and yes that would worry me, but he knows what he's doing. he's most likely been doing it for a while, and you have to trust him and be there to support him. it's not about you during his fight, it's about him. it's his night and what he does shouldn't worry you if you want a good relationship. you have to go and show him that you're there for him.

• Yeah, you're right... It is his night and I'll be there to support him. I'll be worried of course, especially about the girl using that move on him, but I'll try not to let it show! lol Thanks for your advice... I'll let you know how it goes! lol... ;o)

• I just thought I would let you know that my boyfriend got me front row seats for the competition & I was sat right on the edge of the mat. It did not work out too well for him though, because going into the very last round, although he was winning on points, he lost concentration & ended up stood with his legs wide open, so she immediately took advantage by running up and kicking him in the balls as hard as she could! On impact of the kick he screamed in shock & instantly fell to the floor...

• ... just rolling around screaming in agony for ages, while she jumped around laughing & cheering her win! It was horrible to see & hear him screaming in so much pain! There were many other women watching too, some of which looked shocked, but some were actually laughing! Can I ask you, why would some women laugh at seeing & hearing a guy get kicked in the balls so hard right in front of them? And how would you have reacted as a neutral observer if that happened to a guy right in front of you?

• i know how you feel..my ex did kick boxing and I'm really not one to like fighting and seeing anyone get hurt. but as much as I hated it, I loved watching him fight. he was really good and I enjoyed it, it was nice and he liked that I supported him. so you should definitely go watch and support him. it's not as bad as you'd think..

• oh wow, that's different. see my boyfriend never had to fight a girl and he always wore a cup..i'd ask lol. welll I don't really know how I would react to seeing that? I mean I wouldn't like it but I still think that you should still go and support your boyfriend. like you said he really wants you to go so I think it's best that you go. it won't hurt you to watch

• Yeah, well my boyfriend's got me a front row seat right on the edge of the mat & he's competing against a highly ranked girl... So it kinda worries me that she'll have the ability to work an opening & deliver an extremely powerful kick to his balls!... I don't really want to be sat there right next to my boyfriend while he gets kicked like really hard in the balls by this girl! Would you be worried watching & knowing that she could do that to him at any time right in front of you?

• That's tough one.

I would want to support him, but on the other hand I'd be scared he'd get hurt and I couldn't watch him getting hit.

I guess I would rather just go see him after the match or go with him only if it was really important to him or only to important matches

• I have no idea, ultra feminists maybe?

• Yeah, maybe! lol I guess some girls react differently to seeing a guy get kicked there, but I don't get how they could laugh when he was like rolling around in that much pain! I wouldn't have done that even if I didn't know him... Thanks for replying to me though...

• Yes, frankly it would. I don't like to see people in physical pain, so I don't think I'd like to go to one of those.

• It's not just a woman thing, men have this issue too. Some "humans" just enjoy seeing each other in pain, it is sad to say. If you think about it, the only reason for these fights is because people like to see people get the crap kicked out of them. It is very sad, & I don't understand it. My nature is quite the opposite, I can't stand to see people in pain. If someone gets tortured in a movie, I turn it off & sometimes even cry. I can't explain human behavior, but there is hope.

• Yeah, well I'm more like you to be honest, so seeing any guy in that kind of pain is unpleasant. It was worse for me though, because it was my boyfriend and he got kicked in the balls like really hard right in front of me, so it was just awful! I felt anger toward the other girls who were there laughing while he screamed in pain, but I was more worried about my boyfriend to be honest! He's OK now like, but was in a lot of pain 'down there' for a long time after!... Thanks for replying to me...

• I would go and support him but I would still be worried about seeing him get hurt.

I think you should go.It's probably really important to him and he needs you to be there.