How can I be more attractive to guys?

Guys don't seem to like me. They never say I'm pretty, and I'm lucky if they say I'm cute. I try to be confident, but it's hard with no experience. I'm awkward with guys I don't know because I never know what to say or how to act. I'm almost 17, and I've never been on a date. What are some tips to be more attractive, confident, and flirty?

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm not trying to freak you out by saying this or anything but I did take a look at your picture because you mentioned above that you don't think you're pretty enough or that guys never comment about it. In my opinion, you are pretty and I don't know why guys doesn't comment on you. But anyway my point is that it doesn't matter what other people thinks especially guys. I know that I'm not much older than you by age but trust me when I say this you are at the age where you probably wanting to fit in high school and of course there is nothing wrong with wanting to hear guys commenting how pretty you are, but you HAVE to believe in yourself and you have to know that you ARE pretty regardless if there is guys tell you so or not. What if there is a guy walk up to you someday and say "you are not pretty" then what? You just going to let him tell you that and believe it? No because you know it is not true. You don't need any tips to be more attractive because you are already pretty. Second, confident or not it is in you and your clothes style of choice in that pictures seems to me you know how to dress yourself. Third about the flirtation is not such a good thing that you think it is. Just be yourself and don't try too hard to flirt with guys because people might get the wrong impression of you. Good luck and just have fun and be yourself.

What Guys Said 6

• from what I can tell you already pretty. probably the guys who like you are too shy to ask. but if you want advice to look better, lose the eye shadow, it doesn't fit you. ps your clothing style doesn't match. yellow on blue not the greatest of things. try going with all warm or cool colors. that would look nicer. but it should be cold so try going for all warm colors.

• You look amazing to be honest I mean if I saw you in person at school or the mall I'd definitely talk to you ;) but if it's confidence you want then try talking to new people on facebook or on here first it's a great place to start, then get to where you have regular conversations with guys once or twice a week online and then start moving into the real world. After a while you'll be seeing attractive guys all over the place and won't think twice about going up and flirting with them

• IMO you're not bad looking so it does suprise me a ltitle that you've never been on a date.

Showing your figure and leaving a little cleavage is always a boost with any guy even if he doesn't admit it.

I think just be yourself and if there's a guy you like who's single then there's no shame in a girl making the first move. Be confident even if you get a few set backs.

• actually you are beautiful, and I don't find a reason why guys don't compliment u, but be patient... :)

• Brains and confidence are king in my book honey!

Gets me every time! Dohhh

Regards,

Johno

• I think your gorgeous

What Girls Said 3

• From the picture I just saw you are a very beautiful young lady! I don't think you need to do anything differently in making yourself more appealing to the opposite sex, however, if you feel awkward around them why don't you try putting yourself in a comfortable atmosphere, like a bunch of you and your friends go out and each of them invites a guy friend, and you could invite a guy you like. that way you don't feel overwhelmed and everyone can have fun together!

• Patience, patience. You're awkward because you're too young. You're supposed to be awkward.

Wait until you are older and have a perspective on things. Everything will work a lot smoother.

• It's not that you aren't pretty, you are pretty and that's what your problem is. Guys are too intimidated to ask you out for fear of rejection, you're assumed to be a bitch and high-maintenance. Your best bet is being proactive and initiating contact and asking guys out. Stepping outside of your comfort zone would boost your confidence and flirting isn't hard. All you need to do is maintain eye contact, laugh, smile, appear interested, engage in conversation, be playful and tease (sarcasm, make jokes). There are plenty of articles about flirting on this site here- link