Do guys like girls that wear lots of makeup or none or what?

The questions is basically up there. Please elaborate a little bit on your answer. Thanks!

• Lots of makeup, lots of blush and lipstick and eyeshadow/liner and mascara, etc.
  • Normal amount, some color on lips and cheeks and eyes with mascara
  • Minimal, on or two little things done, but definitely not much
  • NO MAKEUP!
Thanks to everyone who has voted and commented! You guys are awesome!

Most Helpful Guy

• I used to think No make up, because, "you're beautiful just the way you are and you don't need to hide behind a mask to look beautiful." I still someone agree with the sentiment, but I the girl I'm talking to wears make-up. I've come to appreciate it in the sense that while she's still very beautiful; she can wear a little bit of the natural looking stuff and really bring out some of her features. I think the problem with make up is when a woman cakes her face like she's about to rob a bank and needs a new identity. However, I do think make-up can make things seem a little more interesting and even mysterious... and the fact that she does it is at least a minimal sign that she wants to take care of herself and take the time to do it.

Either way, no make-up or normal make-up is fine. I voted B btw.

What Guys Said 50

• Minimal. To where it doesn't appear like her appearance is altered by the abundance of make-up that's there. I just like the ones who I find attractive with just her look, and not some plastered on face that looks different when the make-up comes off.

• I voted B. Girls wearing makeup is fine. I like looking at girls who have made some effort to look good and if it makes their facial appearance physically better than by all means go ahead and enhance your look. But what I don't like is when girls wear so much makeup that it looks like they've literally dipped their face into a makeup bowl. When the girl takes off her makeup I would still like to be able to recognise her as the same person who had the makeup on. And I like natural beauty more than anything else but giving your face a bit of extra attention is perfectly fine.

• I guess it's nice for a girl to wear a little makeup, but I'm not a big fan of lots of makeup. I like a girl who has natural beauty and who isn't worried about every little imperfection. I want to love a girl for who she is, not for a perfect face. And the girls I've been with who use light makeup get ready faster. :)

• The key to wearing makeup is to make it look like you're not wearing any makeup at all.

• a girl who looks good with makeup is pretty, but a girl wh looks good without is GORGEOUS :)

• Minimal or natural is very good.

• OK - I voted C.

But to elaborate, it all depends on the occasion. Some occasions may merit a B too but on normal occasions I'll go with C.

Of course, there is nothing wrong with NO MAKEUP when a girl is sitting at home but when you socialize, sometimes, slight touch of eyeliner and a a little blush-on and a light lip-stick makes you look freshened up.

Please be mindful, my answers are for girls in their late college life or beyond. Not for high school or junior college levels. It does not look appropriate at that stage.

• Gonna say C or D. I hate the look of makeup. But if you're gonna put it on, try to put it on in a way where it looks like you're not wearing any.

• Unless they're in a theatrical production, less is bess when it comes to makeup.

• I choose C because in my oppinion makeup should only be used to cover up a small facial blimish like a pimple or something, there doesn't need to be a ton of it on your face, and if there aren't any blimishes your tryna cover up leave the make up alone, lips sticks and eyliners are cool I'm indiffrent on those unless you got like some really weird color lipstick like neon green.

• When I think or neon green lipstick I think trashy...like Ke$ha or Lady Gaga

• I suspect the answer is we don't mind looking at someone who has done a lot (or had a lot done) eg few guys would say the popular movie/music etc stars look bad, whereas many of us don't want to be part of a relationship with someone who is excessively high maintenance in real life.

• just because someone wears makeup doesn't mean they are high maintenance. it takes a couple minutes to throw some on in the morning.

• An eloquent expression of the self evident.

A few minutes is not an issue (everyone would expect a partner to spend some time on basic washing and grooming).

Two hours of primping each morning, continual touching up and adjustment through the day and evening, and two or more hours of deconstruction each day (ie what professional models and those in the media go through which was the basis of my point) would be excessive.

• None, if I have to be around you much...

To catch my eye? Maybe a little bit, but better if I cannot actually tell it's there.

Too much make-up is my number one turn-off after severe obesity, and I am not really very picky at all.

• a little above the eye, some blush on cheeks, a touch of lipstick :)

• I said see 95 percent of the time I don't like obvious make up except for heavy eye make up especially if you have eye since it bring attention to your eyes and I kinda have a thing for eyes. to make sure you know what I mean things like foundation don't count as obvious. also if you use obvious make up make your own like, then I'd probably be into that. I also tend to prefer more make up on asian girls since I prefer the face to be as attractive as possible with asian

• I definately like little to no makeup on girls that I'm attracted to. If they wear too much makeup, it looks scary when they take it off because I'm so used to the "makeup" look. Minimal is best, its just disgusting when you can see how much is caked on.

• Well that's a question that pops up every time in a girls mind or so I have heard. The whole makeup situation is very fragile in terms of the guy; some guys do like make up on a girl because they believe that it enhances their beauty lets say more. Also there are other guys who just like girls with some or hardly any make up at all! My advice is it doesn't matter as long as you look attractive with make up its all good and make sure you don't over do it. :) Welcome!

• In spite of make up could create a person prettier or more beautiful I dislike girl make up as it is fake and hideous personality. Almost every person I met whom have make up I discovered they are too shadow, some are fake and unreal personality. The only occasion permits is on wedding day, presentation on TV / magazine or one special night outing on important event, then have it removed when it is done with occasion/event. Most just keep the make-up daily for almost anything and even stay at home all day long without any appointment or visitor, etc.

Not only be true to yourself but also free of make-up looks sexier and beauty because of true personality inside her comes out naturally that drives man wildly and crazy than temporal 'masking of make up'.

• There's nothing like natural beauty. A little make up is good, but I don't want to be sleeping with a girl looking like Beyonce and waking up to Whoopi Goldberg (no offence, she's not my type :))

• I'm not into girls who wear make-up at all. If for some reason you really, truly feel that make-up does you a big justice, then you should wear it. Otherwise, leave it well enough alone. Guys like me think girls in 10 layers of pumice and pomegranate on their face are stuck up on themselves. This may just be a stereotype that might not be true at all. But to us, you are much less approachable. Anyway, that's my perspective, I hope it help.s

• If I like a girl I want her. Not Rimmel London or Max Factor (I had to google for those names)

And then there's the fact that I'm a heterosexual male. I'm attracted to girls, not polyether urethane. The more girl my eyes can see the better xD

• Just around the eyes, makes their eyes look bigger/cuter. ^_^

• NOOOO, I hate to see a girl ruin the look of her beautiful bare skin with makeup. Natural is always "in". Makeup also makes it look like a woman is really trying to get attention. I don't mind make up as long as I can't tell you are wearing any.

• nahh I'm not a big fan of too much make up, because I wonder what you hiding behind the mask..lol, ciao :)

• i prefer girls with no make up because I want to know what I'm actually getting. I don't wanna wake up one day think "yes I just had sex with a girl who was an eight" wake up the next morning and find out that girls was a three. I admit girls look way better with make up on but I would rather know what she really looks like. there needs to be 2 hotness scales for girls one with make up (dolled up fantasy that men are seeing) and one without make up (the ugly truth that all girls and very few men know about). the only reason I have found some girls attractive is because of make up. seeing katy perry without make up has really messed up my head up because I now know how hot an unattractive girl can look with make up.

• I prefer little or no makeup. I like seeing who I am touching.

• I think it's interesting how 0 guys voted A.

Also, women! You can't "enhance" something without changing it, and once you change something it isn't natural anymore. Very basic stuff.

• A little, if any.

• Lol, look at the sex differences... men say less make up than women. Its funny that girls get dressed up and makeup'd out to impress other chicks :)

• As little as possible.

• Most welcome. :) So what did you conclude from all the answers?

• That I definitely don't have to worry about the no-so-large amount of makeup I have. : )

• That's a sign of a wise girl... you take advice in good spirit. :)

• More from Guys
    20

What Girls Said 25

• Enough makeup to enhance your features without obliterating is a good rule of thumb. In the end, you need to find your own comfort zone and then date guys who think your look is amazing.

I have blond eyebrows and eyelashes, so I like to use brow color and mascara. I also use some foundation to even my skin tone but I am in my 40's. When I was in my 20's I had no skin tone issues and just used blush to add some color to my fair skin. I noticed a lot of men like makeup that looks like you are not wearing makeup. I do too.

• I'm with at least alexis7: I do put on a lot of different kinds of make-up, but just a little of each. I got pale, pinkish skin with undereye circles and at 23 year of age still some break outs. And trust me when I say that it makes a whole lot of GOOD difference wearing [mineral] foundation, blush, eyeshadow, lipgloss, and sometimes eyeliner, mascara, lipstick, and/or bronzer. Yes of course there are some girls that look gorgeous without any make-up whatsoever but I'm not one of the "lucky" ones, but the important thing is that I finally [with the help of going to cosmetology school and trying out all sorts of make-up] learned how much is just enough make-up and what colors to use. So ya girls realize that if you don't feel like you got absolutely perfect skin and facial features then go ahead and wear make-up, maybe even a little of something for the overall face, cheeks, eyes, and lips so that you can trick guys into thinking that you naturally look that wonderful way so that they can continue saying that they don't like seeing make-up on a girl ;)

• i feel like guys don't know anything about makeup. if you do it right, you can actually look like you are wearing way less makeup than you actually are. they don't know the difference!

when I get ready in the morning, here is what I use: foundation, coverup on pimples, a powder to blend it and make it look natural, bronzer on top of that, a tiny bit of shimmery skin toned eyeshadow, eyeliner, a little mascara, and pink lip gloss. it sounds like a lot, but because I use so little of each of them, I consider my face to still look natural. because I don't look like a different person, and it takes such a short time to put on! if I told a guy all the things I wore on my face, he would be disgusted, but I feel like it doesn't LOOK as dramatic as it sounds.

and either way, I wear makeup for me, because I like it and I like blending colors. I don't wanna look different, I just wanna look better!

• You are right. Most guys are completely mystified about makeup. They have no idea what the various products do and as long as you can get ready quickly and don't touch up your makeup while you are out with them, they don't care.

• I think when a guy say little to none make up, what it really mean is that the end effect should still look natural(ie color like blue is not very natural as a form of makeup) At least for me that's the case.

• I totally agree! Haha but sometimes a little colored eye shadow looks nice... It's kind of out of style right now though...

• I think when guys say they want as little make up as possible, what they REALLY mean is they don't want to be fooled. Lol, so when you do take it off, you are still recognizable as the girl they first met with make up. Does that make sense?

Especially since some make up is used to hid "flaws" (I hate that word, btw), they feel as if it's used to trick them or mask what is really there. And evolution has shown that guys want healthy young women. ie. shiny hair, clear skin, rosy cheeks, big eyes, etc.

So when guys say they want NO make up, I don't REALLY believe that. Also, I don't think REALLY know the extent women go to feel beautiful. ie. weaves, extensions, facials, pedicures, manicures, waxing, threading, make up products, spanx, etc.

In addition, what is contradictory, is I've notice that in social settings, guys TEND to go for the girl with a lot of make up. So it can get confusing...based on that, I think they want some make up, but not a lot.

And I think they notice subtle differences when you aren't wearing make up as oppose to when you are. But I don't think they notice all the little details, especially since most guys don't know everything about make up. But what I love about make up is it really transforms you. So you know how you always feel different when you wear a full coverage make up as oppose to none?

So overall, I think most guys want a girl that takes care of herself, but also isn't trying to hid anything.

• i'm one of the few girls in my group of friends that wear makeup, mainly cause all the girls in my group get up at 5 am and work with horses all day so they don't see the need to wear it. my guy friends tell me I look great without my makeup but I like wearing it. I feel like of naked without my foundation. at most I just wear some foundation, lip gloss, mascara and some neutral eyeshadow. I hate going to class without it on but on weekends I don't wear any and my guy friends say they like it better when I don't wear any. yet they hit on the girls with lots of makeup on...doesn't make sense in my mind but whatever. I guess it depends on the guy.

• Guys seem to love "natural beauty" and whatnot, but I believe makeup can just be used to simply enhance your features. I have really big eyes I'm told, and so I wear thin black eyeliner, mascara, and a natural shade of eyeshadow to make my eyes, well, eye-catching (sorry for the pun). Then I just use coverup to cover the redness of my cheeks a bit and maybe a blemish here or there.

I think makeup is perfectly fine, as long as you don't go overboard with it, such as thick black eyeliner, caked-on foundation, or clumpy eyelashes. That can be extremely ugly and fake-looking. Same goes with orange fake-tans and all the girls who do that! ;)

• They don't care.If they think the girl is attractive,they won't complain.

When was the last time you heard a guy complain about Megan Fox wearing a pound of makeup.

• I have realky long eyelashes, but they are so blond that you can hardly see them without any mascara on. So I literally only wear mascara, blush, and a little pale lipgloss. Ill then wear red lipstick if going out somewhere, for a meal or a dance etc.

• I usually just wear eyeshadow and lip gloss. But I get compliments all the time so I guess it depends on how you do yours.

• don't let a man tell you how much makeup you should wear. Many of them can't even tell how much or how little a woman is wearing. It's ridiculous to wear makeup to attract mates. do it for yourself, you know? self confidence is everything. If you feel confident in makeup, I'm sure you're beautiful.

Yeah it's not very attractive when you wear a smokey cat-eye out to work, or when your foundation is cakey, but other than that, men don't know.

• According to a recent survey/study (photos were used of girls with & without makeup)...

When guys say they like, "natural," they mean "au natural" (some mascara & a little shadow like gold) NOTHING HEAVY

• I also voted C - There have been plenty of times that I've been shopping with very little or no makeup and men seem to stare, smile, and flirt. :)

• Sometimes they like when girls wear it,but they like the natural look aswell. They don't like when girls wear a WHOLE lot of it.

• Men lie , they say this because they don't want the girl to look better than them but to much make can be horible sometimes.If a girl walked in the room covered in make up , fake tan blah blah more men would fancy her

• I don't wear any make up. But I am thinking about wearing some..

its just that I don't like the way my face looks when I'm wearing it..

Any tips for a newbie user to make up?

• I use eyeliner mascara eyeshadow and lip gloss and that's it I don't really need them but I enhance what I have but guys don't want something that will leave a stain on his clothes or that you have to scrub with a brillo pad to take off

• I only wear eye liner and mascara and get comments on how pretty I am (I really don't see it though . . . .) and I'm always worried I need more make up to make myself look prettier but it's good to know most guys only like a little makeup(:

• Natural ;)

• black eyeliner and nothing more, black eyeliner rocks! Lol

• I would say they like it in moderation.

• I think guys say they want no makeup but will approach a girl with makeup more than one without. Makeup should enhance what is already there and it shouldn't be dumped all over your face.

• I go to skool without make up at all and if I just thought about some I just Use eyelinerand lipstick.

i just like the way I usually look more then with make up though.

I sometimes get attention from males without even using a lipstick,no lie.

i don't know lol look I love make up but I'm not stuck with it and always live without it.

i think you better just not use it a lot of times Because it makes you insecure and hate the way you naturaly look then you end up using it all the time non-stop.

• im honestly shocked that guys said minimal but it's great! I used to think I needed to put eye shadow on and eyeliner and mascara to get the guy I like but recently I just put some eyeliner on my water line and mascara. oh well, this question was a good idea

• A matter of preference :)

Regardless of the situation, I'm able to tell whether someone has make up on, be it very little or excessively, natural-looking or the obvious. Most people would refer "natural" as looking naturally when they have make up, NOT looking as though you had no make-up when you had one (I'm pretty sure some girls will disagree with me on this).

And be aware that sometimes people wear LOADS of make-up without looking as though they "had too much on". But that doesn't mean that they look like they had no make up on.

I don't apply make-up unless there's a special occasion, e.g. dinners, functions, parties, clubbing etc.. Unless guys are into and interested in make-up, I don't think they are able to tell much of the difference. Main reasons I don't apply are:

1) I have sensitive skin (yes there are make-ups that catered for sensitive skin but I only purchase a selected few).

2) I'm not keenly interested or love make-up. I'm merely a student.

3) I'm happy with the way I look (altho I'm not naturally pretty or have the best skin in the world). And my peers(both girls and guys) think that I look good too because of the way I dress, the way I present meself, and having a clear looking skin (despite being sensitive) and a clean image (both on the outside and inside).

Surely there's peer pressure to look better. It's part of girls' insecurities to apply as much make-up if not more compared to their peers to look better (when sometimes it really doesn't). And sometimes it's the culture that makes girls apply make-up at an early age. Sometimes it's a way to grab a guy's attention for a date.

Word of advice: Since you are young, take good care of your skin by keeping it moisturized, sleeping well, eating well and drinking enough water (these are genuinely my ways of having better skin). Also, dress and present yourself with a clean image. Make-up based on occasion (sometimes it's time to have some fun. sometimes you don't really need to.) If you aren't skilled in make-up, sometimes it's best not to apply then to apply. On the other hand if you really enjoy make-up, by all means go ahead with it :) For girls who finds it more of an effort to apply make up rather than enjoying it, you don't deserve being with a guy who demands a girl to make-up all the time. Not saying that you shouldn't look good, but there are many other aspect to looking good in front of a guy. Sometimes instead of applying make-up all the time and making it a norm(and boring), why not pull out some bags of tricks to look special and better when you are going a night out with him? ;) Surely your boyfriend will be happier man :D

P.S.: A good-coloured lipstick and concealer are the basics. Eye shadow and eyeliner are a plus, and I don't think eyeliner is a must unless you have tiny eyes/single eye-lid ;) x

• And by the way, celebraties have make up on because the job requires them to. Firstly and in fact most crucially, they (or in fact most people) look very pale on screen without make-up because of the lighting. Secondly the job requires them to do so (same analogy as having a dress code when working in the office :))

• NATURAL looking makeup. I wear eyeshadow, eyeliner, mascara, concealer, foundation, blush, bronzer, lipgloss, lipstick and I've received no complaints. You need to know how to do makeup well and then you'll enhance your beauty, not obstruct it.

• All I wear is mascara with occasional tinted lip gloss and sometimes some eyeshadow. Mainly because I don't have anything else but still that's really want to wear. I don't get complaints but I never get compliments either...?

• If you're dating a guy who always sees you with all that makeup and one morning he sees you with no makeup at all, hell be disapointed. You won't have long and thick lashes anymore, you won't have cute pink cheeks, sexy glossy lips, you won't have the same perfect skin tone and smoothness...etc etc. The super hot girl he thought he was dating wasn't so hot in the end.

And... Its crazy to see how many kind of products and time you seem to need to look natural.

• ArabSweetie. The last guy I dated saw me with NO makeup, glasses and PJs on. When we woke up in the morning he kept staring at me and I was like, "why are you looking at me like that?" His response? "Because you're very pretty."