How much the charm on face/handsomeness contributes in attracting girls?

I mean how much girls give priority to handsomeness on other qualities in a boy...since I think most of the girls first judge boys on their looks at first glance..don't they?

Most Helpful Girl

• If love is blind, why is lingerie so popular?

What Girls Said 7

• girls are not at vain as you think. I mean to be fair some girls do do this. but to me how a guy looks really doesn't matter. I look at things like personality, friends, relationships with family, friends ect, because all these tell about you. for me beauty follows function. if you have the right personality then you are handsome in my eyes. I guess looks can only get you so far then it all depends on your personality. I mean looks does matter in a sens, no one would take another look at you if you look like a homeless who hasn't felt water in years. :)) but seriously, this is what some guys get confused with they focus on the looks the brands and style and they leave out the great persoanlity that is supposed to go with it. most girls really don't care if you wear the lates fashion and coolest sneakers or brand name hats.

• U are absulitly correct in a way bt I meant 2 say if a guy,really hansome not cause of latest fation or else but real natural buaty,is eyeing you & if ther's another guy who has lots of freckls,swarthy complection etc. & is doing the same..whom would you b interested in knowing more abt at first glance...

• i understand what you say but I am not trying to be difficult or anything but handsome for me may not be handsome in your opinion. but in anycase judging from the guys I've dated I and the guys I've known to like me. I don't think I'm attracted to the "pretty boy" I'm attracted to the geeky guy with the sort of big nose:) not too fair but not dark guy with the gorgous smile and adorable personality. that type of guy. by the way I think freckles are cute. oh and spectacles are so gorgous on a guy.

• i think you are an exeption...the girls I've come 2 know are the same I described...anyway I also like geeky pesonlity...

• i think that would mean a lot to her if she really likes the guy and she would treasure him and love him not only for one quality but for several, that's why it's important that a girl like a guy for several reasons rather than one...and well yeah some girls judge within staring a guy, but I think guys judge faster because they just have to give a quick glance to the females body

• not much of a priority because it soon fades and we realize that we're annoyed of the guy. appearance is what catches our eyes, but when we're friends with someone and get to know them and like them that's how things could also get started. could go either way I guess.

• Well, this is true. Every person is firstly attracted by the face and body. And then the other part of the other person. I can't say what I consider hot but a lot ot of times I'm into someboty this is firstly coming of their face. I like people who are the "something" in their eyes. So I can "see" in their personality.

• Only shallow, superficial girls base their attraction on just looks. Other girls look beyond that. I think its more about confidence, and how the boy carries themself. If I like a boy that's cute and he acts like an a-hole, that's a turn off

• Yeah I do notice a guy's looks first but it's his personality that makes me attracted to him.

A guy could look like Brad Pitt but if he's a jerk it would totally turn me off. Also, confidence is super attractive:)

• I do judge on first glance, I'll give you that. But I don't necessarily love perfect-looking. It's about the personality. For example- say a guy and a girl meet in a crowded scene, like a party. He will probably approach her because he thinks she is pretty. She will look at him-if she thinks he's nasty she'll probably bail, but if he isn't gorgeous yet has a sweet and charming personality and makes her feel comfortable, she'll probably keep the convo going-->how potential dates and relatinoships may come out of this. He usually approaches her for her looks, she keeps up the convo based on how charming he is and his personality, fro mthere the two combined make things happen.

What Guys Said 3

• Girls and guys judge people based on how they present themselves however girls are far more capable of ignoring some physical flaws for personality perks.

The key is if a guy is presentable, he's in the running it'll all then depend on your personality.

Image for girls has more of an impact for guys (not a new concept).

• I honestly think the girls who claim girls aren't as vain as they think underestimate the shallowness of not just their gender but our species as a whole these days lol. Both genders do place way too much on beauty and it's a failing of our society. One of the many bad things I don't like about our society. Still, there are plenty out there (both guys and girls) who will be happy to be with you regardless of your appearance as long as you try and take care of yourself (for the love of god at least try a decent hygiene criteria up).

• Depends on which chick you ask I imagine...