Crossing legs?

Frequently when I sit I cross my legs in the "girl" style (crossed thighs). Some of my guy friends have commented on it, saying either that it looks creepy or looks painful. Girls on the other hand don't even seem to notice a difference.

More of a discussion starter than a question.

So what do you think? Crossed, uncrossed, painful, creepy, normal?

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think I would really notice haha. But if it's comfortable to the guy, then why not? I don't really have a problem with it. I know I end up crossing my legs unconsciously, or putting my ankle on my knee, or even sitting on one of my legs lol, because it's just more comfortable to me.

It's not really noticeable to me :]

What Girls Said 9

• I have a guy friend that does the same. I think it shows sophistication and maturity. He doesn't care what others think about him and it shows. This makes him extremely sexy to me. I think it is unusual and attractive. Not all guys can pull it off though. Like Stone Cold for example. That would just look silly.

• one of the first things I notice is how a guy sits and usually if his legs are crossed the girl way I normally think if looks weird but it wouldn't keep me from talking to him. I kind of like when a guy just sits like a dude, legs apart or even with his legs stretched out but crosses just his ankles. I'm just a person that notices stupid stuff like that! ha!

• I think what ever is comfortable to the person is okay. If you cross your legs you just have junk that knows just how to settle.

• um, it's kinda wird when guys cross their legs but hey, whatever floats ur boat!

But I personally for some odd reason don't like to cross my legs at all. And if I do it's in the "guy style" oddly enough where you put ur ankle on ur other knee. So I guess it doesn't matter.

• i would think its your preferred style of sitting and think not much about it. but if you were to start displaying behaviour that could be classified as typically (and stereotypically) female such as complaining, being fussy about the way your hair/shirt/pants/shoes/bag/etc. looks, I would start thinking of you as being more feminine. perhaps gay? (but would not confirm this unless you reveal it)

and would not think you are a macho-guy.

its all personal. so this is just what I would infer. but of course, all subject to change upon getting to know the guy in question, better

• I don't think for a guy to cross his legs looks strange at all. I see loads of men cross their legs. Whatever way makes you comfortable then that's the way you should sit.

• If you cross your legs in a girl style it's just going to make you look gay.

I don't even see too many guys cross their legs in a man style, mostly older men do that.

• I think it looks feminine. My queer friends like to sit that way. Crossing legs are also bad for your blood circulations. I would drop the habit.

• If you think it's comfortable and you want/like to do it go ahead, It's your body.

What Guys Said 2

• It's true that the majority of our communication is non-verbal. Facial expressions, gestures, and posture tell us things about others. IMHO, sitting and crossing your legs in they way you describe just screams gay.

• I usually shift between the two (crossed and uncrossed). And yeah, doing it the girl way has, on occasion, smashed my balls between my thighs and yeah, it hurt like hell). So I can see why guys might look at what you're doing and cringe.