Is a girl that looks more promiscuous less likely to receive help than a girl who looks rather innocent?

Like in this senario link

or this link

or this link

or this link

I first thought it doesn't make a difference, but apparently it does. I know they said most people will step in anyways but according to this vclip there still seems to be an not insignificant difference.

Would you thing it would make a difference to your reaction? Or would you even say a girl dressed like this deserves whatever is coming at her? Or do you think the show doesn't show the entire truth?

Lastly a little off topic but look at this link

Do you think you would have stepped in?

To be completely honest, I don't think I would have. I know it's pretty miserable but I would have thought that she was a psycho but not that he was in danger.

Most Helpful Guy

• I've seen those shows before, very interesting. I would think that if I saw anyone, regardless of how they were dressed, I couldn't just sit back knowing something bad could happen. In the first one, if she was tipsy I might sit back because people get drunk and look for hookups all the time (unless she was still resisting him). But in her case, she was way too (fake) drunk to know any better, plus she was resisting him. I wouldn't let her walk out of that bar unless she had someone she knew pick her up.

In the second one, just straight up call the guy out for spiking her drink, tell the bartender, tell her, do something. That's really not right and I couldn't just let it happen.

In the third, I'd speak to the guy about making her uncomfortable. He's clearly taking advantage of his authority to be able to put his hands on her like that. The business men did it the right way, by calling him out on it. I don't think I'd offer her a job since I don't own a business lol, but I would just tell her not to put up with it.

And the fourth, I think we all know what guys will do to another guy trying to hit or abuse a woman. I saw at the beginning of the fourth clip a bunch of guys stand up and come at the man. That's what a lot of men would do.

Have you seen these shows when they test to see what people would do on the beach if someone stole a strangers stuff?

• No I haven't seen that one, but I saw one where a girl tried to steal a bike and all the guys helped that was funny.

That's how I feel but it's weird some people see a huge difference in that. ' we all know what guys will do to another guy trying to hit or abuse a woman' but they didn't do anything. They did in part one when she looked all innocent but in part two when she was wearing this short dress no one activley did something.

• But at the same time, you have to think somewhat subjectively about these things. It very well could be that one person would help somebody no matter what, some would help only if she's innocent looking, and some wouldn't help at all. The same people weren't in both tests, so more than one variable was changed at the same time. You can't automatically assume that it's because of the different clothes the actor was wearing. Maybe it was just that certain group of people.

What Guys Said 2

• Umm... Don't drink too much? Maybe this won't happen to you? Of course, I would think it's normal for the "party girl" being carried away (read: she had it coming) based on her actions and looks, so I'm certain I wouldn't get involved with that. The other, only if no one else does, maybe.

Also, about abuse - I don't think anyone should be permitted to hit others. Regardless of being male or female. Whoever hits someone else should be hit in the face as well, just to feel what they have caused.

• I didn't just mean the drinking, that's why I posted more links. You 'certainley' wouldn't get involved in the party girl being carried away even though she clearly said 'No' ?

And the other examples? same thing?

' I don't think anyone should be permitted to hit others. Regardless of being male or female' yes of course, but the question was would you step in? (if a women was abusing a men)

• everything you ever wanted?

• Yes. It's pure social psychology in the practice. Best thing ever.

• I'll only help a girl if I'm promised anal entry after the rescue. If not, a blowjob will suffice for a reward. After all, I think I deserve it since I'm not a paid paramedic and took time off my drinking day to help her out. She should be grateful, don't you think?

• Negative one? Is that it? Oh, come on. You gotta admit that was funny. I gave this one much thought.

• haven't we all thought it?

• If this were actually funny I would of up-voted it. This wasn't witty in the slightest.

What Girls Said 5

• I'm not sure how everyone else would act but I would help both girls regardless of how each are dressed, they're still people and have the right to be helped just as much as anyone else. But unfortunately I can see some people making a big deal out of it and helping the more innocent looking girl more.

• id did read you whole question, it very long, but I can tell you that looking innocent gets you a lot of help. I look really innocent no one ever thinks I'm doing anything wrong. in school teachers were always more lienent with me then with other because I look so trustworthy. law enforcement has always been easier on me then on others. I have big puppy dog eyes and when I look at people a certain way they believe most things I say. not that I lie all the time or anything I've just noticed that when I do people believe me.

• Well in my opinion yes. but that sucks

• I would hope that someone would intervene whether or not the girl looked "slutty" or not. I think those videos are crazy. I think it's really cute that women got involved too. I know I would.

These videos just stress the importance of not getting drunk. Your sense of judgment is severely impaired, among other things. And it's not smart to make yourself vulnerable in any capacity when you're drunk.

• I LOVE that more women got involved. So awesome.

• I think it's kinda sad actually that more women get involved, since men are in the better postion

• Wow that's just wow. Especially that guy who is a cop. I can't believe people are that shallow, really. Even the girls said she was 'asking for it'

For me it sure wouldn't make a difference I would say something every time exept of maybe the last one