Do you know movies that you think are overrated or you just don't get why it's praised so highly?

Do yo know movies, that you think are overrated or you just don't get why it's praised so highly? For me it's:

- Breakfast at Tiffany's:

It's so highly recommended so I thought it was a good idea to watch it. But what's so cool about it? I just don't get it.

- Titanic:

Didn't like neither the soundtrack nor the movie itself. Not everything that's huge means it's good.

- Kevin at Home 1&2:

A lit bit old. But when I was a kid, I just didn't understand why other kids was so crazy about it. Referring to the plot, the second movie was exactly the same as the first one.

- The Godfather I-III

Maybe I should have watched it more carefully. But besides gun-fights and blood what's so cool about it that even girls like this movie?

Most Helpful Girl

• Avatar - it was Pochahontos with blue people. The dialogue was poor and predictable (I didn't sign up for this - cliche thank you) and not to mention Cameron is tremendously over rated. Yes, it cost a lot of money but it's quality and not quantity.

The Matrix - I find the idea fascinating however I've seen better acting, superior directing and dialogue. Fascinating but definitely too hyped.

• yeah, cameron as well as Roland Emmerich, they all make movies with the same recipe: everything bigger and more expensive. after a while it gets old.

• I agree. As well as Michael Bay. He has no idea how to write si blows things up and put cars and hot women/men in to try and cover it up as best he can. It doesn't work. Haha. Personally, I like Tarantino.

• Heh. When I watched Avatar, the first thing I thought was Fern Gully. And then Pocahontas, and then Dancing with Wolves.

What Girls Said 6

• The Godfather (all of them)

To Kill a Mockingbird

American History X

The Matrix

Pride and Prejudice

Monty Python & the Holy Grail

High School Musical

Jerry Maguire

The Davinci Code

Star Wars - I thought they were okay, but nothing to die over

Iron Man - I love super hero movies, but the movie just sucked!

Charlies Angels - Was too unrealistic, could have been much better

• totaly agree with you on Godfather! I was going to put that before I read your whole question. can't think of any other at the momemt, but I will... and ps. Home Alone is still awesome.

• The Hangover

Avatar

Iron Man - that movie was terrible

Paranormal Activity

• the dark night,man it was a very very very long movie! And MR. No body, really sucks

• Casablanca

what's so great about it?

• I liked casablanca... the "cool" part about it that he gave up his love so the one he loved could be save... he happiness was more important than his...

• The Town (Ben Affleck, Blake Lively) got really good reviews and I walked out of the theater disappointed.

What Guys Said 8

• - RED

- The Dark Knight

Garbage. Pure hyped garbage.

- Resident Evil: Afterlife

Not enough suspense to keep long enough interest. Just in very small portions of the movie.

- The Expendables

Let old dogs lay.

- Ninja Assassin

Too hyped with little to back it up.

And many more. That's just what's off the top of my head.

• I didn't really mind Titanic or The Godfather films... I can see why some people don't like them. The Titanic was abit too much about the love story for a lot of people and The Godfather was too long with too much talking. Most of the highly rated films that come out now are awful... The last film to come out that I actually enjoyed was No Country For Old Men.

• The Harry Potter franchise. I love that allegedly JKR fell out with the producers, and so deliberately made the later stories unfilmable. Other than the first they make no sense stand alone, and unless you bring in a whole lot of context (like having read the series, and knowing what is supposed to be happening in advance) they are borderline unwatchable.

Loved the Matrix because it was a new idea to me at the time and well executed. As the series went on, and the new age stuff got trowelled on deeper and deeper in was only the action sequences that were worth watching.

• Harry Potter. Just seems a bit odd that no one every brings guns, even though pointing and shooting is infinitely faster than flicking a stick and dramatically reciting "avada kadavra".

• the passion of the christ

• lord of the rings so boring

• Avatar. There was nothing original about it; I didn't even find the CG to be all that impressive.

• Lord of the Rings. I just wasn't moved by Frodo at all.