Is there anyone that DOESN'T prefer good-looking guys/girls?

Yes this is a little judgmental but I don't like good-looking guys at all. I feel like I can't trust them and that deep down they feel they can always get a better girl, and they tend to have a superiority complex that I find very unattractive. I'm sure there are good-looking guys that do not fit the stereotype but I believe that this is generally true. Does anyone else feel this way?

Most Helpful Girl

• it makes sense, and most of the time it's generally true, I mean, they've been treated like they're amazing they're whole life. but there are some gorgeous people I know, guys and girls, who, even though they understand that they look good, are actually wonderful, not shallow people. I have seen wuite a few men married to plain looking women, and they're relationship seems better than others I've seen, it's like looks don't even come into the picture.

What Guys Said 3

• Hey, I have no problem with someone good-looking. But I have an issue with people who are conceited.

• yeah I totally feel the same way, mainly because most good looking girls I have known have turned out to be total sluts, why wouldn't they be? they can have whatever they want? and then I see a girl I think is quite attractive but not necessarily hot and they tend to have down to earth personalities, and I think that's attractive. but if someday I met a straight up beauty that was down to earth then for sure id be into her :)

• I Do Not Like Dramatic Or People Who are Just Plain out Dumb or Who Don't Even use Common Sense Those Are things I Cannot Stand About Some Women.

What Girls Said 8

• Hm, I'm bi and I like both attractive guys and girls. lol I don't really make prejudices based on the way people look though. Its not an attractive, intelligent quality in my opinion. Then again, life experience has simply taught me that not everyone is the same. It is true, that attractive people can sometimes be this way, because of the way society has allowed them to be and put them on a pedestal, but I've known plenty of "ugly" people who are not trust worthy, and have superiority complexes about their talent, wealth, status, or intelligence.

I'm not ugly myself. I've got a very pretty face, but I'm chunky (in process of losing weight though! yay me! :) ) so I don't think I fall in the category of "good looking" just yet even though people tell me I'm pretty all the time. When I get to my goal weight, no matter what I look like, my character is something that has been built over years of my experiences. I would hate to think that months from now, someone would look at me and judge me as being all these random things before they even get to know me just because of what I look like. People do this though, even now. Its a convenient way of thinking, requires little effort. Also, it often brings out our own bitterness and personal issues with ourselves or our own superiority issues.

• I'm pretty insecure and sometimes if I ever like a really attractive guy, I'll end up just telling myself that he could find someone better / better-looking than me.

But I don't think that super attractive guys really have that superiority complex. Or at least, not the ones I've met. If anything, I'd say it's the opposite, and that usually girls who are really pretty get kind of haughty. But again, everyone's different...

• I think that most "hot" girls and guys have a superiority complex, but the girls are just more dramatic with it.

• What is good looking changes from person to person. What one person might consider "good-looking" could be ugly to the next person. I don't judge someone based on their looks and I date someone who I like. Attraction is a very important part of relationships and you should find the person you are dating attractive. Of coarse someone who is decent looking could dump you and go for someone "better" looking but anyone who is worth your time will appreciate you for you and not just your looks.

• im not for looks I mean a nice looking guy is good but a guys personality makes them cute to me. My boyfriend is a total geeky nerd he has long blond hair tall skinny and wears glasses but I love him to death...its not looks to me at all its how he treats me or what he says to me!

• ME ME ME! XD I think that personality is the most important thing =D

• Yeah. I was never "popular" growing up and I felt like the very attractive guys weren't interested in me (which they likely weren't) and they didn't really seem like people I'd be interested in anyway (different interests, kind of full of themselves, usually quite superficial/shallow), so even though they were physically attractive, I never really felt attracted to them. I've always gone for more the shy/geeky/nerdy guys. I've carried that with me into adulthood. I usually assume that I won't really relate to very physically attractive people, and that they won't be able to relate to me.

• XD That's interesting. Sometimes I don't prefer them because I can't be normal around them like I can with other people, like they intimidate me. But, I do generally prefer them in looking for a partner. I guess I settle for not the most good looking.lol

• I think the same way. I don't prefer them because of my own insecurities and I won't act like I normally would.

• I think you're very, very jaded. You're basically insinuating that all good looking people are going to treat you like sh*t. You can only be accountable for one person in a relationship, and that's yourself. You're probably picking the wrong guys who treat you like crap and disrespect you and they just happen to be coincidentally good looking. Looks has nothing to do with not trusting someone. Their behavior and actions should speak much louder.

I do sometimes like guys who aren't typically good looking, they have an interesting face and bone structure and are lanky. But I'm not going to totally exclude all better looking guys because of an unwarranted biased.

• No I'm not saying that lol. Actually I made it very clear that I don't think all good-looking people are that way.

• No, you just can't explain anything correctly. That's not an assumption, it's a fact.

• Please point out where I said the things that you are assuming lol.