Haircut or break up?

My boyfriend loves me... or so he says? my boyfriend told me that if I cut my hair he would leave me... I'm afro american and the perming has left it thin and damaged. I was cutting it to get a fresh start. It doesn't look bad but its not healthy.. I find this to be very childish and contradictory.. If you truly say you love someone who gives a sh*t about their hair-do! c'mon. its hair dummy IT GROWS.. Anyone else had an experience like this?

problem solved.. it was a misunderstanding of what he meant by haircut.. he would just prefer I not get a mow-hawk or close cut. WHOOPS! I can be a little sensitive sometimes.. lol but thanks all

Most Helpful Guy

• The dude is stupid. He either loves you or the hair. Maybe it will shed a little light on your whole relationship too.

Judging by your looks...he may have just gone out with you because your pretty, in which I will call him an in asshole.

Cut it then in the way you like it, then check how he reacts. Personaly I would love it either way cause its still you

Have a nice day.

What Guys Said 2

• Well, I wouldn't leave the girl I love over it, but if a girl cut her hair short, I would likely lose attraction big time. The thing I'm most attracted to is eyes, but after that, it's hair/hair style. I find short hair cuts to be a complete turn off, so I get where he's coming from.

Would I leave a girl I loved over it though? Obviously not. I would just be pretty pissed, even if I managed to keep that fact to myself.

• well explained and totally understandable.. but its not like I'm getting a boob reduction. hair grows!

• Call me crazy, but personally, size of boobs= pretty much completely unimportant. Hair length and style on the other hand = Pretty much completely important.

• hm.. ? that's diff.but in a good way. (=

• Sounds like you should break up anyone who judges you based on hair ain't worth dating

What Girls Said 2

• Fuck him lol cut it! its your hair he should love you for you not for your hair... plus if its to help you hair I think its selfish he would want you to keep it unhealthy just so he likes it

• you can keep both, get a haircut and you can get extensions or you can get a wig ( he doesn't have to know) besides he isn't worth if your hair matter so much to him.