My boyfriend said I can never be beautiful, what should I do?

my boyfriend told me that I could never be beautiful no matter how hard I try. he said this before and now he's apologizing 'cause he was just so mad at me that's why he said that. but I'm not blind to the facts, I've got a very small nose, almost a flat nose, I have tan skin, I'm not tall, my hair is black and shoulder-length only, I've got huge thighs since I like riding a bike, I've got fat lips, way too huge eyes and I'm also very skinny. I guess the only consolation I get is that I've got a nice hourglass shape and I'm not flat-chested

he told me he's really guilty about what he said and that he's sorry and he thinks I'm beautiful but I don't wanna believe him anymore because I'm really hurt ... what should I do?

Most Helpful Girl

• He doesn't sound like a keeper. =/ You're under 18 right? Which means when you get older there will be other guys who will find you attractive and think you're very beautiful. Maybe you never will be beautiful, ... in HIS eyes. Beauty is, also, in the eye of the beholder. If he said that when he's mad, maybe that's how he truly feels. =(

Anyway, don't let one's guys opinion effect how you view yourself. He won't always be around. You should think for yourself that you are beautiful and then it will not matter what other people think.

(Easier said, then done. I know)

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 5

• Be your own kind of beautiful, if it bothers you talk to him about it and make sure he knows that it bothers you, maybe he might not be good enough for you

• If I were you, girl.. I'd break up with him. If he doesn't think you're beautiful then what's he in the relationship for? I would dump him, regardless of if he says he's sorry or not, it still isn't right to not call your girlfriend beautiful. Keep your head up, and find someone else who will appreciate you more than this douche bag.

• And why are you still with him?

• he was being an insensitive jerk and you need him to grow up and he needs to realize he hurt your feelings and should apologize... and what not.

• okay here`s what I would do :

1.give him a mirror so he can check himself out

2.i would realize that if he didn't like the way I look he most likely doesn't like the way HE looks.

3.i would still understand that i`m not an ugly person , ugly people are the one`s who tell you that you`re ugly.

4.i would try to understand the reason why he said this and maybe try to work things out.

5.if I see that he`s always gonna think the same way I would leave him .

keep in mind , you are a wonderful person , no one is perfect so no one has the right to judge others , he can't tell you that you`re ugly , you are very beautiful because of all of the things that you do that make you specail or at least because of all of the things that you do to make him feel specail.