Have looks ever stopped you from being with someone?

Be honest.

Have you ever met anyone who you just really got along with and they liked you, but you couldn't get past their looks?

Most Helpful Guy

• No, but that's just coincidence. I don't associate with that many people who I don't find attractive - just by chance, y'know, I don't only talk to the pretty people, ha ha - and the ones that I have haven't wanted a relationship, y'know.

ALTHOUGH, I DID have a boyfriend who I thought was ugly as hell. Like Ichierzen's bag, pictures were deceiving. But I was trying to force myself to live with it, but unfortunately he was deceiving, too. We met online, y'know, and he pretended to be pretty sweet online. But when we met he was a f***ing creeper, he made derisive jokes about me half the time for being girly - I mean, he's gay and he's slabering for f***s sake - and then he ended up getting almost violent at one point, and I know he woulda' too if people didn't appear. So, f*** that.

To be honest, I don't think its a coincidence that I've never met someone who I've not wanted to be with cause of their looks alone. I go by Roahld Dahl's philosophy, which was described to me by a crackhead once-friend of mine, that ugly thoughts make ugly people, beautiful thoughts beautiful people.

What Guys Said 6

• Yes, unfortunately... I met someone Friday night that I've been talking to for a while now. She's sweet, a real nice gal, and we have a few things in common, but pictures can be deceiving, and hers was. In person, she was a female version of a roommate I just stopped living with, just, two feet shorter, and beyond the piercings, every time I looked at her after realizing the doppleganger similarities, I thought of him...

• I hate to think of myself as shallow, but I do have my preferences, so yeah, I have turned down a couple, though I try not to say looks to them, and just say something nice. Thankfully, none of those times I was interested in another girl, so they didn't catch me dating someone a week later. I'm really picky about facial features, eyes, how they wear their hair... she can't have a uni-brow. Because they scare me.

• Obviously. If I'm not attracted to them physically. What would be the point? None. Just because we have good conversation wouldn't change the fact that I couldn't kiss, or anything without a bag over their head.

• Yes, definitely. We are now in the "friend zone." It sucks for the person that likes the other, but such is life and life is unfair.

• yeah, unfortunately they are always going to be "just friends" but the advantage of not being attracted to them, is that they will always be stable friends, with no drama

• Yeah, and I told her I didn't like her like that. So she hates me.

What Girls Said 6

• I can't honestly say it would have developed into a relationship, but one of my friends is really into me, but I just don't see him in that way. I'm not attracted to him at all, although I like to hang out with him.

• yeah, but it wasn't really because of their looks. I didn't like much his personality and his looks didn't help much either. Not my type I guess.

• yes ..so I'm just friends with them.

• Yeah, but that's all for the better because if I could get past looks, I'd have been tempted to cheat on my boyfriend, who I love very, very much and that would've been disastrous. Although, I've been able to fight temptation of that sort before :)

• No because it never even gets to that point. I won't date someone if I'm not even remotely attracted to them.

• Yes, everyone cares about looks, especially men.