What is the difference between cellulite and stretch marks?

i know girls can get both, but can guys get cellulite also?

Updates:
Thanks! The pictures helped. For some reason I always assumed cellulite looks like stretch marks but I never bothered looking at a picture of cellulite.

0|0
3|2

Most Helpful Girl

• Cellulite: link

Stretch marks: link

I've never SEEN a guy with cellulite, but I'm fairly certain that men can get it too. I see no reason why not. They may just not be as prone to it as we are. Girls usually have a way higher percentage of fat on their legs.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• Cellulite is like dimpling in the skin, it's basically caused by the way fat cells are arranged in most females. (or something like that, I may be wrong) Since the males' fat cells are arranged differently, they CAN get it, but it's not common.

Stretch marks are a form of scarring, kind of. They're basically what they sound like - they happen when the skin stretches a lot in a short period of time (i.e. puberty for most girls). They're little lines in the skin, kind of, that are a little darker or lighter than the skin around them.

0|0
    0|0
  • fat & skin

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 2

• 'Cellulite is thought to occur in 80-90% of postpubertal females. There appears to be a hormonal component to its presentation. It is rarely seen in males, but is more common in males with androgen-deficient states, such as Klinefelter's syndrome, hypogonadism, postcastration states and in those patients receiving estrogen therapy for prostate cancer. The cellulite becomes more severe as the androgen deficiency worsens in these males.'

=====================================================================

'Causes of Stretch Marks

Stretch marks are common in:

Adolescence when you have periods of fast growth. Not great for teens when appearance is so important.

Athletes training bulks up muscle. Stretch marks are very common in weight lifters.

In weight gain where the skin undergoes rapid changes.'

=====================================================================

Apparently...

0|0
    0|0
  • Cellulite is like multiple tiny indentations in the skin. Stretch marks aren't.

1|0
    0|0