Is it okay for a chubby girl to wear a short dress?

my birthday is coming up soon and I NEVER wear dresses. Whenever I go to a club or anything I wear jeans, boots, and a lowcut top. Then when I get to the club I'm the only female in pants! lol. I'm around 5'2 and am probably a size 8/9. I do see other women all the time much larger than me in sexy dresses and in MY eyes they look good, but for some reason whenever I try on a dress I'm afraid people will stare and girls will say "omg she should NOT be wearing that!" when a chubby girl wears a flattering yet sexy dress, do you think "omg she should have stayed home" or do you every think they can look good? these are the kinds of dresses I'm looking into:

link

link

link

link

forgot to add my pix are not up to date I had a baby and am prob 15-20 at most lbs heavier

Most Helpful Girl

• dont care about anyone and wear whatever you want!

What Guys Said 5

• AWW, CONGRATULATIONS! I LIKE those dresses, too! I've also seen girls bigger than you wearing dresses, & even the stuck up jerks that say 1 or 2 extra pounds is a dealbreaker see the girls dressed that feminine & pretty & their weight concerns go right out the window! I think you should go for it. BUT, if you try one on & HONESTLY feel too fat or unattractive, (YOU'RE NOT, THOUGH!) then go for what makes you feel best about yourself...

• uhm no it is not OK. its bad for the eyes.

• Well your far from chubby, you lok like your actually in really good shape so.. my pick would be the third one

• forgot to add those pix are before I had my baby, I'm probably anywhere from 15-20 pounds heavier now

• I still say your more then good and do it

• You're not chubby. You should wear what ever you want and I'm sure it will look good :)

• haha I'm chubby, those pix are pre baby. I'm about 20 lbs heavier now and boobs got probably 3 cup sizes bigger so ehhh lol

• lol Still wouldn't worry about it. You probably have a better body then a lot of the girls that show up to the club in clothes they shouldn't be wearing. Just wear what you want. Who gives a f*** what other people think. If it makes you happy, do it.

• a size 8/9 is not chubby. Not even close. Be proud of your body, and wear what feels good!

What Girls Said 8

• 1) if those pic's are you, you aren't chubby in the least so get over it.

2) yes chubby girls can wear dresses and look cute

3) Americano XXX is a jacka** who couldn't land a date if he tried

• If you are comfortable you'll rock the look. It's not your size, its how confident you are. And congratulations on the baby!

• Nah, chubby girls look hot in short/tight dresses. Though, there's a difference between chubby and fat...so if you're just chubby then I think you'll look really hot.

• i love dress one. I seriously don't think that you would have a problem wearing it :) I think that girls who are overweight and wear skin tight and extremely revealing clothing look terrible and need to dress for their shape.

• You can wear whatever the hell you want to wear girl!

• go for it, an feel good about yourself, enjoy yourself! your beautiful no matter what size you are!

• go for it

• if your legs are fairly toned and they're not dimply and jiggly sure. it depends on the dress and how it fits you. if you feel you look good and confident in it then wear it. if you're really unsure ask a trusted friend to give you an honest opinion.