Is cologne/fragrances really that big a deal?

What is it about scents that drives women crazy and why? What sort of scents are best...I don't see what the big deal is as a guy.

I just wear deodorant so people don't get offended

Most Helpful Girl

• hahaha it's OK if that's all you wear as long as you don't have bad B.O. or stink but having cologne is nice..it kinda shows that you care more about how you smell and I love when a guy wears cologne...

• no I don't stink. but I wear scents for others sake really not mine. If it was my choice, id go natural :P

• hahaha I understand you there but I don't know I wear bath and body body sprays smell..mmmm good! and yeah..

What Girls Said 10

• My theory is that they put pheromones in perfume and cologne. My boyfriend thinks his Ax body spray smells nice but to me... I dunno, the smell in combination with him, I dunno... Mmmmm is the only word I can think to explain it. And there's no particular scent for me. It's just, if I really like a guy, there's a scent associated with him and that just because part of what makes me love him. It doesn't turn me on per say but it comforts me, and just makes me happy and helps me relax.

So just find a scent you like, is my advice. Just don't over do it. Body spray is fine just don't put too much on.

• but wouldn't a better smell that matches him be his own smell? as long as its not B.O of course

• Because the smell on it's own doesn't particularly interest me. It's associated with him so it becomes attractive. I love the smell because I love him. There is no smell that could suit him better, and if he changed... Well, something would feel off.

• I like cologne on a guy, as long as it is not overpowering. I think part of it is that you associate that scent with him, it adds just another dimension to the person. Any time I smell Drakkar Noir, I still think of one of my first boyfriends from 10 years ago. Another thing is that scent is a very strong trigger for memory recall.

• It really is a huge turn on when a guy wears a nice smelling cologne or even a deodorant. My ex boyfriend never wore cologne but his deodorant smelled amazing, oddly enough. But when a guy smells good, it really does drive women crazy. I highly suggest you look into it!

• well I like guys who puts deodorants and perfumes...

my favorite scents of perfume in a man are:

1.) Cool Water Davidoff

2.) Acqua di Gio , Giorgio Armani

3.) Sergio Tacchini ,Stile

Damn that fragances really makes me turned on...i love the scents

I love guys who smells good...

• i love it when my ex would wear cologne he smelled so good in aberocrombie and fitch fierce or chanel blue

• i lik the smell of Ax

• haha I don't know why but when a guy smells good its a MAJOR turn on.

• in the way you're very visual...a scent can really turn a woman on I don't know what it is lol

the smell of your leather jacket, whatever cologne you are wearing, maybe even the gum you're chewing. that mixture or combination of those things can all literally smell like sex to a woman, well me anyway lol I'm sure not all women are so stimulated by scent but a lot are I think.

• i don't want to be with someone who smells bad...

but I like clean, crisp scents

• i personally love colonge on a guy its like an instant turn on whenever I'm walking and some guy I smell wearing it, it smells like heaven hotness

What Guys Said 2

• this changes with fashion, and the individual chick.

When I was young (I'm 43...) the best thing to wear was "polo". One sniff in a small crowd, and it was "oh, whose wearing polo? I just LOVE polo..." LMAO

I don't know what it is today...

DEODORANT: when chicks liked me, oftn I heard "what are you wearing? I love your cologne..." and all I had on was BRUT *shrugs*

BRUT and POLO, were my best friends when young, lol... now that I'm 43?

I guess I smell like everyones DAD, ha ha.

• Women have better noses then men. There's a reason scent tends to be a big attraction for them. But if it's the thing that really decides who is their boyfriend or not sounds like they're not evolved mentally :P still, should always at least be clean. If she really wants me to use a certain cologne I don't mind, I just don't care enough. I prefer my shower/body wash smell fine.