Girl, do looks matter?

If there is a guy who is sweet and kind to you, but he's also interested in you, are you gonna worry about looks? Explain

Most Helpful Girl

• Okay, Honestly. I Am A Girl. One of The Girliest Girls In My Family but I'm also down to earth and like to help people. To Tell the truth Girls Are Just Like Guys. They Go For Looks Just As Much As Guys Do And Judge People Without Even Knowing Them. If A Girl sees a hot Guy at school she says "I Wanna Date Him!" But If She Talks To Him And Has A Horrible Personality She Would Leave Him, Only The Dumb Girls Will Fall For Him. Same With Guys, If You See A Hot Chick Walking Down The Street In A Hoochie Skirt And A Bikini Top Aren't You Gonna Think "Ohh I Wanna Dated Her! "?... But then when you actually talk to her and she is a Raging B***h Your Gonna Want To Get Away From Her As Soon As Possible.But If That Guy/Girl Is Sweet To You And Likes You And you like them back Looks Really Just Fade Away And Connection Is The only Thing That Matters. So Basically What I Am Trying To Say Is Yes Looks Do Matter Most The Time But If you Don't Believe You Are Good Looking Use Your Personality To Get The Girl.

What Girls Said 13

• Looks do matter in the sense that you want a partner who you are physically and sexually attracted to; but different girls have different things that they find physically attractive, and I also find that if I'm attracted to someone's personality, they tend to become more physically attractive to me as well.

• Looks don't matter all the time. yes, you can be attacted to someone but that's not all the matters. if they are attactive then sure its a plus, but if they have a great personality and your attacted to that then looks don't really matter. For me, I have to have to have a bit of phisical attraction, so far. it really just depends on the person himself.

• looks are slightly important to me. the guy has to be somewhat attractive. I mean, if we're going to be going places, people are going to see us together. its not a deal breaker for me though. sometime the hottest guys are players and just have sex on their mind. the nice guys are the ones I want a relationship with and if they're not the best looking, but they have a good personality, I'm alright with that.

• It's a whole package kind of deal, and everyone is looking for different things in different people. Being kind and sweet is nice, but its not everything that matters... and there needs to be some level of attraction. I personally look for guys that are outgoing, enjoys travel, enjoys going out and to parties, get along with my friends and... yes, are good-looking.

• For me, personality is all that matters. I mean, if he's hot as hell with a nasty personality that totally turns me off VS. a guy who isn't the "hot" guy but has a personality that attracts me, I'll always go with the guy who has a personality that attracts me to him. Because to me, he will be the most handsome guy, rather then the hot guy.

• It would be a complete lie if I say "no, it doesn't matter"

But I've fallen in love with a not so good look guy, he is a gentleman. He's sweet, sensitive and would offer help to me without asking anything in return. A genuine, good hearted person. I've known him since high school and he's married now with a beautiful daughter. I still wish he is my man. But he is not a good looking guy.

That being said, a nice guy without looks would slowly grow on you. A handsome guy who's not the nicest person, would slowly annoy you. But the handsome one would always get the girl first.. because people are shallow ;)

• Not really. I mean looks come in somewhere, but honestly, I think a good personality aids a significant amount to whether or not people find you attractive.

• it helps not gonna lie but overall, the sweet, caring guy with the personality is the one to win me over :)

• they are not everything but it is a major thing when I first meet a person I don't really know them so I jugde them by looks if they look like some who does drug then I might hangout with them again but most likely not hope that helps :)

• Looks aren't everything and no I wouldn't worry about looks

• Attraction is important, but personality creates a transmutation of appearance for me. I struggle to value the aesthetics of a moron.

• if a guy is super nice I look past their looks beacuse theyre probably a good person and are gunna be worth dating. just as long as theyre not dirty and take care of themselves

• Depends on the guy I personally love a guy who can make me laugh and who I have good chemistry with. To me no guy is really ugly. I believe within every person there are good quailities that make them special and beautiful either internally or externally. But I had to be married and start a relationship with this guy and it became committed then yes I want a guy who I can look at every morning wihout throwing up in my mouth.

What Guys Said 2

• There has to be some form of physical attraction man. I personally won't even consider a girl if I don't find her at least a little attractive (call me shallow if you want, I could care less). I expect girls to be the same way because I don't really believe in "double standards".

• All the girls who are saying "looks don't matter" are lying to you, don't listen to them. They matter a LOT. Also, being nice and friendly is wrong - be forceful, be pushy, make her understand that you want to be her boyfriend from day one. Otherwise you'll get friend zoned. Try to hold her hand, try to hug her, try to kiss her in that order. If she doesn't like you or rejects you THEN you can be her friend but not before.

• You aren't completely wrong. But we are girls.. And we're telling the truth. We don't mind what the guy looks like, as long as they have a really nice personality, and they are funny. Looks don't matter at all. But it is good for a guy to be a little pushy but he has to be nice too. Don't call us liars if all we're doing is answering a question with an honest answer.

• Looks as in hygiene, working out, hairstyle, clothing, etc. Lots of nice, sweet guys with god personalities are unassertive and dress too casual to catch a girl's eye. That is what I mean.

Looks DO mean a lot, just not in the "you have to be a model" way.