What does cute mean?

I've been told many times that I'm "cute" but never anything else. I don't know if I should take it as a compliment or as an insult. Does it mean I look like a kid? I guess cute means just what it is cute, but want to know some girls POV of what it means. Thanks.

Most Helpful Girl

• cute doesn't mean anything. it's so overused it has lost its meaning

• That is what I'm thinking. Its like how girls always call other girls pretty to be nice.

What Girls Said 9

• to me cute is your attractive I wanna give you a hug but I don't think your really hot.

but I'm more of a shy person so I don't throw it around like some girls do. honestly I probably wouldn't tell a guy that he was cute or hot to his face unless he was my friend or something.

• When I say a guy is cute it usually means he is attractive, but dosen't have that sex appeal that a "hot" guy might have.

• it basically translates to "I like you, but no way in hell am I letting you know"

at least the way I use it

• depends on the way they say it like if its innocent and like aww what a cutie kinda thing its baby cute but usully its a girls version of hot we don't like to b called hot (well we prefer beautiful or gorgeous) so we think theyd like to b called somethin else 2

• theres nothing wrong with a girl thinking that you're "cute" instead of "hot". I had a whole conversation with my friends (that are all girls btw) the other day about how this guy I like is "cute" he isn't "hot" but we all still agreed that he's attractive. don't worry, its probably a good thing. :)

• That's good to hear because I'm crushin on this girl hard right now and need all the advantages I can get!

• It means your not hot but you have good looks so it's a compliment...You should feel good about being called cute

• cute is good

dont worry about it (:

• To me cute is "You're attractive and it makes me want to snuggle up to you"

• cute doesn't really mean your a kid. it's pretty much a compliment. for me, cute is like saying your attractive or that you have nice looks. and I'd call a guy cute if he had a bit of a soft-featured face and a really nice smile :]

What Guys Said 1

• Yeah I get called "cute" a lot also but nothing else, I mean technically a hamster is cute so would a girl date a hamster. But I think it means that we're sweet and harmless to girls. Good question though

• I guess, doesn't help my cause of trying to be more attractive. SMH

• Oh don't get me wrong it does mean attractive, but it's like a different style, like how we guys would compare Megan Fox (HOT) to Natalie Portman (Cute), if that helps haha