Tucked In - Cute like I think or dumb like I fear?

Hi, everybody... I hope you can help me.. I'm about 5"5', and pretty much slim & toned. I'm also pretty curvy, which I love & makes me feel feminine, & while not TOO big in the hips, they have some substance, and my tummy's not exactly rock tight or perfect. I wear shirts that are kind of fitted, & the tail comes maybe to the bottom of my zipper. I had 1 date with a guy who told me how great my figure would look with my shirt tucked in. I tried it, & I really liked it. It hugs & shows off my curves in the right places (I think at least) more than the shirt hanging out, & I think my waist line looks more defined, highlighting those curves. I also feels it hides any tummy flaws,making IT look better & sexier as well. I begun tucking everything in, (unless short, tight & not made to) but I've noticed most people my age - particularly girls- HATE dressing that way & think it's kind of uncool. My BFF said it's a classy look for OLDER, kind of 30s-40's age girls, but thought it was unstylish on me or girls my age group. I disagree - I think it's highly stylish & cute, & looks more neat & put together. I thought I noticed some looks, & never got put down, but not complimented either, and I didn't want to look BAD, so I went back to tucking shirts out for a couple days. BUT, I felt less cute & confident in myself. Is it that bad tucked in guys, or do you like it?

Most Helpful Guy

• Your figure sounds HOT, and I'd want to get with you no matter WHAT you were wearing, but I agree tucked in shirts are better for all the same reasons you listed. In fact, if I saw a girl with a shirt tucked in and the figure shape you described, it would DEFINITELY seal the deal & I'd probably ask her to marry me! LOL Keep looking cute... :)

• ESPECIALLY agree about it hiding tummy flaws & making it cuter!

• Tucked out can be sexy too, though! I'm interested in a girl right now that prfers tucked out tops & that's FINE with ME! LOL

What Guys Said 3

• honestly speaking i hate it when girls tuck in thier shirt.. cuz of what tucking in your shirts is supposed to prevent. but girls are usually exempt from the bussiness requirement to tuck their shirt in cuz of the shit it say it will point out their muffin top or love handles. but sounds like u dont have that problem.. tuck it in and stand infront of the mirror. see a pic would help me get a better idea of your body/figure. enjoy

• EVEN CUTER THAN YOU THINK! I'm not gonna say a girl having her shirt is ugly or her doing it would be a deal breaker (That's TOO shallow & cruel) but if I have my choice between a girl who tucks everything in & one who DOESN'T tuck ANYTHING in, tucked in's gonns win every time!

• Don't tuck it in unless you're going to something formal.

"pretty much slim & toned"

"also pretty curvy"

"hides any tummy flaws"

lolz... it's like you were 3 different people in this question

• Yeah, kind of LOL And I usually wear like a blouse or a dressier top... I like tucked in tees too, but usually dress up more... Thanks, though

What Girls Said 3

• I think you should go with what makes you confident...the other girls are probably just jelous when they glare...dont care to much what other people think...because they probably could care less about what you think...confidence is deffinately everything...and you also look classy which a lot of guys like :) the good guys who don't just wanna get into your pants and leave :) hope this helps<3

• Some people can pull it off, others can't.

Personally, I like the style. It looks refined and neat... not sloppy like most people dress nowadays.

If you like it, and get compliments then I say go for it!

• Aww, thanks, yeah even my BFF who doesn't like it says I pull it off better than most girls... I'm PROBABLY gonna keep tucking in, as I don't feel RIGHT anymore with the shirt out, but still wanted the opinions. Thanx for the confidence booster, sweetie...

• if tucking in your shirts, etc. makes you feel condifent and comfortable in your body shape then go for it! confidence is always sexy and if you dress differently from other girls in your age group won't that just set you apart from the rest? I don't think guys would be overly fussed with what you wear in terms of tucking or not tucking :)

• Couldn't have put it better... In fact, it makes you even cuter that you ARE different!