Do you think this model is prettier before or after the makeup?

i have a friend who is a model for teen clothing stores (aeropostale atm) and is trying for high fashion magazines. this is her chillin at the house: link

this is her after a photo shoot where they let her keep the makeup on: link

imo she looks a lot better without the crazy makeup and headband. why do they make models do such crazy things to themselves when they're gorgeous already?

Most Helpful Guy

• Modelling, believe it or not, is not as much about the looks now as it used to be. It's become more 'artistic' now, adopting the abstract nature of things in both their clothes and models. So 'fashion' modelling agencies look for differences in people as opposed to straight up attractiveness.

I'd say she looks better without the makeup (and if the absence of that god-awful pose)

What Guys Said 10

• Before, by far.. But with modeling you have to keep in mind that there are different "appeals" pertaining to the type of advertisement they will be making from her photos.. For example, teen clothing brands typically want young adults to model their clothes while having fun or smiling.. They don't cake on the makeup unless it's called for, depending on the type of advertisement they want to run.

~ ArtistBBoy

• *click link 1* hmm, yeah, she is pretty without it.

*click link 2, looks at right* no, not her

*looks left* holy sh--! what happened!? it's ronald mcdonald if he were a female prostitute!

• definitely without. what the hell were they thinking?

• I've conversed with a few models during my "dating" days and was put off right away by all their forkin' smoking and stupidity. They're also too tall and skinny for me, taking care of their faces but not packing enough meat into their bodies. I prefer short and voluptuous girls, if I could have my way.

• Before.

Maybe she was going for some kind of crazy image that day? Or it might have been Halloween :)

• Before.

• yes you are right, she look better without makeup :)

• She looks way better without that hard core make up :)

• Before.

• i was attracted to the red head in the back and the girl next to her with the lipstick but not her. in both pictures

• well I do think the red head is cute, but I think the girl with the lipstick is ugly. what, don't like black girls?

but whatever, she's still a really successful model. whether you think she's pretty doesn't matter.

• i dc

What Girls Said 8

• Of course she looks better in the before pic...in her natural state. Models are mannequins and that's it. Clothes are meant to be styled on them,adjusted to them,and they are meant to enhance and help create art.I don't think it's crazy that she was wearing all of that makeup,its just part of the artists vision that's it.Some people are paid pretty well for it so I don't really see a means for complaints UNLESS,the model is being verbally/psychologically abused concerning his or her look.

• Because outrageous clothes and makeup are in fashion, lady gaga is a prime example. Plus I don't mind the second makeup, in the first one I think she needed foundation but that's it.

• before

• Before a 100%

• without makeup. maybe if she did her makeup better then I would choose that.

• I like her without make up:D

I also like her halo shirt x)

• withdout make-up :)

• she is so stunning in the first picture! but I do get the crazy makeup, in a professional setting heavier makeup often photographs better and it was probably just to fit the theme of the photoshoot. but I agree she doesn't need much makeup at all to be gorgeous.