How to get healthy hair & healthy skin.

i want to grow my hair long so.., how do I fixed damanged hair & how do you grow hair fast? what can I do?

annd for skin. I want clear skin, so what can I do to get it?

Most Helpful Girl

• Skin tips

1. Protect yourself from the sun

2. Don't smoke

3. Treat your skin gently

Daily cleansing and shaving can take a toll on your skin, so keep it gentle:

¦Limit bath time. Hot water and long showers or baths remove oils from your skin. Limit your bath or shower time, and use warm — rather than hot — water.

¦Avoid strong soaps. Strong soaps can strip oil from your skin. Instead, choose mild cleansers.

¦Shave carefully. To protect and lubricate your skin, apply shaving cream, lotion or gel before shaving. For the closest shave, use a clean, sharp razor. Shave in the direction the hair grows, not against it.

¦Pat dry. After washing or bathing, gently pat or blot your skin dry with a towel so that some moisture remains on your skin.

¦Moisturize dry skin. Find a moisturizer that fits your skin type and makes your skin look and feel soft.

4. Eat a healthy diet

5. Manage stress

Healthy Hair

1. Drink Water

2. Proteins & Vitamins

3. Limit Heat Usage (like curling iron, blow dryer, etc)

4. Use the right products

5. Washing Your Hair

The last tip for healthy hair is the right way to wash your hair. Some people may be damaging their hair while rinsing without realizing that when you wash your hair, DO NOT massage the shampoo or conditioner into your hair. This causes your hair to frizz and become brittle and dry. Make sure you apply it gently and sparingly. For shampoo, apply to the roots and throughout the hair gently. Shampoo is for cleansing the hair, so if you have dandruff, make sure you cleanse it thoroughly! Rinse right after and move on to Conditioner. Do not apply it to your roots, but throughout the hair and and the ends to prevent split ends. Leave in for a few minutes.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 5

• Vitamins help. When you get ready, don't straighten your hair or curl it leave it natural, if it's out of your comfort zone put it up in a pony, it helps A LOT to keep it away from that sort of heat. The natural oils in your hair do WONDERS for your hair. Let it get super oily on the weekends if you can. You can buy this stuff it's called CHI it's in a grey bottle with a red cap, it worked WONDERS for my hair.There's also a "mask" type thing you put in your hair when you get out of the shower, I used that, worked well but you have to wash it out once it dries so It's kind of a pain in the ass. Cut it every 4 months or however fast your hair grows just a little bit because the dead ends split and break off your hair making it look like "horse hair" and makes it shorter. As for skin, keeping your hair out of your face helps alot. I've never has major skin problems and everyone has different skin. Keep it clean, don't sleep with makeup on and if you get a zit, tooth paste works very well.

If you want me to I'll send you a before picture and after picture of my hair. Honestly, My hair has been every color from black to red to green to orange to plantum blond to everything else. My sophomore year, I had the worse hair imagineable. Freshman year, my hair was down to my lower back and by the end of my sophomore year it was up to my cheek bones and I never had cut it, it was jsut from breakage and damage. I'm not in beauty school or anything yet, there were just things I did by myself so you can do it too.

• i would say get some shampoo and conditioner that is for damaged hair you might have to try them all out cause that's what I had to do to figure out what works for me. I bleacher my hair so it was really damaged I used paul mitchals damage repair kit and it helped. ANd if you want long hair just keep t healthy and let it grow, get it trimed every so often so you don't have split ends

• your hair looks pretty healthy in your pic just brush it carefully.

use mint julep masque on your face I promis its amazing only liek 2 bucks at the dollar store

• Shouldn't it be like 1 dollar at the "dollar" store?...

• idk were your from but you aren't buying anything for just a dollar, I'm sure you wouldn't know because your mommy and daddy probably do all your shopping judging by your snotty attitude

• My mother washed her hair with mayonnaise because she heard it makes your hair softer... You could try this...

• For your hair- Use good shampoos and conditioners. I prefer Pantene or Herbal Essences. They don't break the bank and get the job done. They have ones for moisture, frizzy hair, straight hair, etc. so pick whichever suits your needs. Also, once a week I use a revitalizing hair mask (it's sold in jars) at Walmart, etc. It makes your hair healthier and more manageable. Products I recommend are the Chi Silk Infusion and Redken AntiSnap. They've done great things for my hair and are sold in salons.

For your skin- Drink more water. Don't touch your face. Change your pillowcase every two days. Wear good foundation (if you wear makeup) and always remove it each night with a good makeup remover. I use Purity cleanser. Also, I use Clarisonic Mia which is pricey but has made vast improvements in my skin. If you're not wanting an expensive skincare line, you could try Neutrogena and Clean & Clear acne washes, lotions, creams. I also have a prescription for clindamycin phosphate which is a topical acne solution. But if your skin is really bad, which I don't think it is, you should see a dermatologist for something like Accutane, etc.