Do you think I should bleach my skin?

OK I'm a Dark skin black female (not Alek Wek dark but around kelly rowlands color) and it seems society portrays lighter skin as more beautiful. I'm tired of all these jokes about my skin color. And I feel if I was lighter more men would like me not just black men but white men, Hispanic etc. Maybe being dark is a turn off

thanks for all the comments. I was just wondering what people thought of this

Most Helpful Girl

• No Kelly Rowland is beautiful. Men love Gabrielle Union and Bria Myles. Maybe your skin color isn't the problem. Imma be honest with you, society (especially black folks) is harder on dark skinned females and it's sad. That doesn't mean you're out of the running though. As long as you're not Alek Wek midnight black you have nothing to worry about. Do you have nice hair or weave? Is your body on point? Do you dress right? Are you confident and classy? If you have all 4 of these things down then you're good. There's always gonna be ignorant ass people out there but that doesn't mean you have to be affected by their negativity. People will always find something to talk about if it ain't your skin color, it would be your face, body, clothes, car, etc. ya get it? Just make sure you look good and you'll get guys. People who bleach their skin look bad anyway. Have you seen Vybez Cartel? He's a Jamaican musician who recently started bleaching his skin and he looks like death walking! Sammy Sosa and Little Kim also look terrible. Don't do it to yourself babygirl it's better to be a beautiful chocolate masterpiece than a high yellow fraud! LOL Also even though a lot of African American guys have serious color complexes, have you tried other ethnicities? I know a lot of Caribbean guys don't care about a girl's color, if she's pretty then she's pretty. Oh and I know a lot of light skin black guys prefer dark skinned girls. Also when I see white guys dating black girls they tend to be dark brown. I think Kelly Rowland has white men before. When nonblack men date outside their race I see them with dark girls, I don't think they care if they are already gonna date a black girl in the first place they don't make much difference between redbones and chocolates like African American guys do.

• Yes I have seen vybz kartel and sammy sosa. I do agree they do not look good.

And I would answer yes to all those questions

• The media is sabotageing peoples belief in themselfs they always think that because this person is on TV more or that person is working more that people like that...I love it all(I all but stopped watching TV I just can't do it brainwashing the youth and making them feel like they are less than they are Its sad

What Guys Said 3

• dont do it. love yourself and others will do the same. I like my dark skin I seem to glow and I wouldn't want to change that for anything

• A lot of girls like dark guys so your fine. But sometimes guys tell me if your not a redbone I can't talk to you or they say your pretty for a dark skin girls, like dark girls are supposed to be ugly.

• I really hope you're joking

• Always be who you are, people will either like you or not for who you are. Just be yourself

What Girls Said 13

• Noo don't do that. skin color is not as important as you think it is. I was @ this restaurant last night and I saw this cute dark skinned girl on a date with her fine ass black boyfriend so it doesn't matter. people are a**holes and will always find something to joke about. kelly rowland isn't even that dark its not like your crispy black so tell them to kiss your black ass and bring jokes back to them even harder. keep your head up. plenty of guys love chocolate, you don't have to have everyones approval just as long as you accept yourself

• I don't know where you live,but the world is MUCH larger than where you live. And not everyone is that ignorant. I've been called names too,here and there,and I am darker than kelly rowland,but I love my dark skin and curly hair! And you know why?Because I love myself. Never will I bleach my skin and conform to the majority.God made you exactly the way he wanted you to be.Its not as though you have a skin ailment or deformity.And you should be grateful for that. Being that you are not happy with who you are,bleaching your skin is not the only thing you will be doing to yourself...the list will go on and on."Now I need to make my nose thinner." "Now I need cheek implants." Blah,blah. You need to google little kim.As soon as she got some real money,she showed the world where all of her low self esteem and self hatred was coming from.Through awful plastic surgery and skin bleaching,she looks like a monster...when she use to be pretty. I don't care what anyone says,michael jackson also wanted to have lighter skin and more defined features...hence the bleaching. I love Michael,but come on. All of that wasn't due to vitiligo. All in all,you can do what you want...but I'm just here to tell you that even after that you still won't be happy.

I Feel as though if you had more confidence,and this negative thought wasn't rolling around in your subconscious,THEN more guys from all races would be interested. Being Dark is a turn off in your own mind.Your lack of confidence and self love coincides with that. Everyone has their preferences...not everyone aligns with ones preferences,but it's not the end of the world. I do hope you learn to love yourself. I feel like maybe Maya Angelou or Oprah would be even greater at commenting. :)

• Alek Wek is absolutely stunning. I know I would be grateful to even be compared to her. It's a shame that some people equate darkness with unattractiveness when one look at one of the "darkest" models out there today clearly refutes this.

I'm sure you are beautiful just the way you are.

• Absolutely not! Dark skin is absolutely gorgeous! You shouldn't waste your time thinking about the losers who make jokes about your skin, they're idiots. Plenty of people think dark skin is great - you'll find them (:

Love the skin you're in! ha ha seriously, be confident. (:

• From a Sista to Another,

Feel comfortable in your skin. I'm a brown skin black woman and I just love it. I don't even wear a weave anymore. I went completely natural and my confidence gives me my glow. DO NOT bleach your skin. You are a beautiful black woman, stay as you are. Do not let the media got you thinking black is not beautiful. Black IS beautiful but your attitude towards your black ID isnt. If you show confidence in your skin, you are automatically a more beautiful woman because confidence shows through and its the sexiest trait a woman can have. Appreciate your blackness.

• please don't do it. we are black we are beautiful in all different shades of black. I am medium skin and trust me white guys like us nice and dark! lol don't do it

• I'm actually about her skin tone, too and never once has any guy ever told me that he didn't like me because I was too dark. Maybe it's because I'm young and I haven't had anyone tell me that, but I think that's just something you need to deal with. You're dark. Kelly Rowlands is very pretty, and she isn't light skinned. Skin color has nothing to do with someone being attractive or not. Maybe the problem is you can't accept yourself, not that other people don't accept you. Don't change yourself to make other people like you more.

• Don't do that! You're dark...who cares? Someone who loves you should accept it and love you for who you are.

• Go take a look at Sammy Sosa and ask yourself that question again lol. I think people are the color they are meant to be and usually when people try to "fix" what thy think is unattractive they usually end up looking horrible.

• I fell the same way because I am really dark and I feel like every1 hates me 4 it and think I am ugly I was even going to like every website looking for skin bleaching cream and stuff and I like white Asian and hispanic people 2 and I don't know if they will like me back. Then my ex came he is half white and hispanic and turned out he only liked me 4 my body and I hate that so I may bleach my skin because I don't like my skin tone. What do yall think oooohh and I'm a teen so I'm pretty young.

• Dont do it. I thought about it but bleaching is really harmful and there are guys who don't care about a girls skim color or prefer darker girls. Just don't let society get you down

• Don't do it you might end up looking like a hot ass mess lol I'm light and in all honesty I feel like white guys like darker girls... I get some white guys (gross ones) but I always see hot ones with dark ones... its sad (to me) and I get stuck with black guys... blahhh. Anyways I just intend on having a white man get me pregnant so I can have little mixed babies and they can have the best of both worlds

• no, f*** society and besides look at all those people that try to tan to get a darker skin tone but then they just look orange.

• You know I was in exactly the same position as you.. I should be just about your color too

I was into lighter skinned men and didn't think they would ever go for me..

until I met a really good looking white guy, he told me that he was into

darker skinned girls and found them a turn on..

There are guys out there like that