What clothing size are skinny girls?

So I hear the term "skinny girl" all the time and I can't help but wonder what clothing size makes you skinny.

Is "skinny" a size 0? A size 4?

What's the difference between thin and skinny?

Please help me, I'm a bit confused.

What type of body makes a girl skinny?

Most Helpful Girl

• It might help if you think of this as a "petite" thing rather than a skinny one. Because, as some other people have pointed out, your size in jeans depends a lot on your height. You can be tall and wear a bigger size and still look slender.

But, overall, I think that when people talk about "skinny" they are thinking about smaller people in general (probably no taller than 5'5"). Although, super models are almost exclusively referred to as "skinny," and most of them are pushing 6'0" so who really knows ...

Long story short: it's completely subjective.

What Guys Said 1

• I think 0-6 (where I'm from 4-8) is skinny. But I'm a size eight (6 for you), so I can't say that without coming off rather self-inpundgent. I'm right though, LOL.

Thin and Skinny are the same thing.

What Girls Said 8

• It's all relative. I consider skinny to be 0-4 but it depends on height. My friend keeps telling me how skinny I am...She was a bit shocked when I told her that I'm size 8, although I am quite tall. I figure she's just being insecure though, fishing for compliments and such.

• That really isn't a fair question. It depends on the girl, I mean Marilyn Monroe was considered skinny & she was a size 14.

• I'm just trying to understand what people mean when they describe someone as skinny. I didn't intend to be unfair. By the way, the sizes have changed. A size 14 back then is not a modern day size 14.

• It's appearance more than numbers.If it were based on numbers taller girls could never be considered skinny.

When I think thin,I usually think of petite+healthy skinny,thin to me implies petite-ness and being toned

Where as skinny can be skinny and flabby or whatever.

• LOL I don't know the sizes in America if your from there. But in Australia the lowest sizes are 6's and 8's

• it really depends on how tall you are. a tall person could be called skinny and be a size 11 where a short person could be called fat at a five. just depends.

• hmm I think the size doesn`t make because size0 and 00 fits me but I would say my thighs are not thin and I also can wear clothes for teens although my body is really curvy...

i think thin is if you are not curvy and skinny is if you are really thin

• i'm a size 2 and I consider myself thin not skinny

skinny would be 0

• Skinny is ambiguous because all girls have a different height and body type...

Some would consider 00 skinny and others would consider an 8 skinny. And everything in between.

I wouldn't get caught up in a size or number on the scale. Just focus on being healthy so you look and feel good.