Tats and piercings: what do you think about them?

Do you love them? Hate them? Do you prefer guys or girls with them/without them? Does it matter?

I'm curious, because I come from a pretty conservative background, and I find most tattoos and piercings to be a complete turn-off (with only a few, rare exceptions, but I prefer unmarked girls). I know that it seems to be common these days to get marked and pierced, but since I don't like seeing girls do that to themselves, I'm wondering if I'm the only one, or if I'm outdated already.

Most Helpful Girl

• I couldn't care either way. Unless the guy had major facial or tats that cover complete body parts, they don't bug me. Some pirecings on guys I find really attractive...like lip piecings (or sometimes eyebrow) on the right person. But that won't make me like them anymore if their personality sucks. And if they don't have them, its not a problem at all :)

What Girls Said 6

• I understand your view, but I can't say that I agree personally. I view the body as a canvas, and body adornments as just that: Adornments. And sometimes beautiful works of art. =]

• Well, if more of them were actually attractive or added to a person's overall appearance, I guess I wouldn't mind so much. However, most seem to make the person ressemble a wall covered in graffiti.

• I can feel you on that. But that's where it all comes down to personal aesthetic taste. In my mind, I relate it to sharing a home with someone, and not really agreeing on decorating styles. A home and how it looks is a reflection of the person/people who live there. Just like tattoos are a reflection of the person who wears them. My logic says it's silly to let conflicting decorating taste be a deal-breaker, so it's similarly silly to let a tat or two get in the way.

• Well, as I said, I don't really have anything against a few here and there, but most people I know who get them have an addiction to it and keep on getting them. And trust me, they may not look too bad when you're young, but they REALLY look tacky when people get old and wrinkled! Lol But yeah, I know everyone has their own oppinion, and I try to keep an open mind. I just guess I'm used to the "clean" look, but I've found a few girls to be cute, tats and piercings included.

• I love when guys have tattoos, but it doesn't mean I like guys without them any less! I just like the idea of showing self expression through the art on your body. It really doesn't matter though. I don't prefer a guy with them over a guy who doesn't.

• I don't care. If a guy has a lot of tats then its a COMPLETE turn-off. If it's just a few in a reasonable spot then fine, IDGAF. But people with too many have issues... It's just nasty.

• I LOVE them in moderation.

• I honestly don't mind them as long as the guy only has like one piercing and one or two tattoos. When there are too many it gets unattractive.

• i think a small tat in a tasteful place can be attractive. but anything beyond that crosses the line

What Guys Said 2

• I like tats on women, but it all depends on on what and where. I'm not a huge fan of sleeves or full back pieces; I tend to prefer a few, smaller, independent pieces.

Same goes for piercings. I like piercings pretty much anywhere on the body, but I'm not huge on the tunnels and big bars.

• I like them on a girl because it shows that she's a little more outgoing and not so conservative.

• I can understand that, but have you noticed the alarming shortage of "conservative" girls lately? It's actually starting to freak me out a little! :P