What is up with leggings and tights?

i hate em. with a passion. the only way I like them is if you either didn't shave or if you just have bad legs in general. otherwise, DON'T wear them. it defeats the purpose when you wear things that show your legs off

to lucky: double eww

Most Helpful Girl

• Leggings are definitely not pants.

• they really arent. I don't know why girls think they are. thank youuuu. by the way I see your from nebraska. not that I think you watched it but I was happy to see miss nebraska win

• Omg! yes, me too! first nebraskan girl that made it into the top ten too! It was awesome! :)

What Girls Said 17

• When I wear a skirt or dress it's not with the sole purpose of showing my legs off. That's just kind of, like, one side aspect of it, for me. One which I don't mind in the summer or anything, but if it's cold, or I'm at school, then I'm definitely gonna wear tights with it. Plus, they look good, imo.

Leggings on the other hand, are okay with a long shirt, but they look bad with a normal length one. And they sometimes look okay under a dress or something, but most of the time I think tights look better.

• god I hate them in general. girls who do it are weird

• I hate when a girl wears leggings with a normal shirt... It's gross. I think it's cute when the shirt's longer and covers most of your butt. But when they are just worn as pants, it disgusts me. You see like her freaking camel toe and every crevice like her ass crack. DONT DO THAT

• I wear them because they are more appropriate for the work place than bare legs. Keepin' it classy! I really love my legs and enjoying showing them off, but there's a time and a place! Also it makes wearing dresses in the winter possible for people who live in places like I do.

• as I said. defeats the purpose of things that SHOW off the legs. including dresses, even in cold places

• Yet again, you're ignoring the point of my statement and picking out details. But I will indulge you. Any elementary school teacher who dresses purely to attract the opposite sex is in the wrong business and is ignoring the professionalism expected of them, as some of the key people who guide children and teach them the aspects of socialization. If the dress is shorter, there must be tights or nylons. That is what is appropriate. Period. If its -35, you're going to wear them to be warm. Period.

• or wear pants. dresses were made to show off the legs, if your cold, wear pants

• I like them. And I don't wear them with anything over the top, just boots and a long shirt. They make thicker ones that make you not get a camel toe, obviously those are the ones to wear.

• I do love a good pair of leggings!

• defeating the purpose of the ?

• What if those girls think they have bad legs?

And you contradicted yourself.Why say that only certain girls should wear them?

• because for every situation there are exceptions. you can't generalize all the time

• yep and bye

• I don't like them either.

• I have it out for the leggings and shorts look but leggings and dresses or skirts are pretty cute to me.

• I wear them only in the wintertime cause I get cold easily, and I have bad arthiritis.

• lmao. Sometimes girls only wear them because it's cold, or because they just think they look nice. I don't really like them, though.

• Half the girls in my school wear just leggings and a shirt in the winter. I really don't need to see cameltoes everywhere I turn. Makes you look like a ho ho..then again my school is full of hohos..

• I never wear them when it's warm but I do right now cause there's snow, plus it keeps me a bit warmer

• it may, but is it fashionable in my opinion, no

• I love leggings as pants... its just cute.. IF YOU HAVE A GOOD BODY!

• They are cool & I love them.

We wear what we want, & don't care what men think of it.

• They are cool & look sexy

• they're in right now so of course everyone is going to wear them regardless

• i dc if theyre in right now, theyre ugly

• ok I'll throw away all my leggings just cause YOU don't like them. lmao whatever I think they're a cute accessory so who cares if you don't like them. maybe I don't feel like showing my legs but I don't wanna wear pants. who are you to tell women what to wear?

• god I f***ing hate them. they need to have never been invented. I think they should not be worn as pants. and any girl who wears them as I said, is weird

• you forgot to mention if you are a whale don't wear them also ;) and don't just wear leggings with a t shirt blah

What Guys Said 1

• Lol, who are you, telling people not to wear them? I really like tights and leggings. I wear them often during the warm season.