GUYS: what exactly is your definition of dating?

I'm thinking about this since this guy and I had somewhat of a misunderstanding. Here's the story: We met in class. He sat by me all the time. Eventually we exchanged numbers. I was into him. We were texting a few days after that and he decided that since I was single and so was he, he should be my boyfriend. I kind of laughed and thought he was not serious. until he kept asking me to date him. he said he would love to date me and I wouldn't regret it. I said let's just see what happens. well over a week, maybe, we talked on and off and tried to plan a date, but we couldn't. So I told him I was totally free on saturday. so Saturday comes and he texts me and asks if we were still getting together. I said yes and asked what we were going to do. and he says things that boyfriend/girlfriend do together...so I was like well what are we doing? and then he just asks would you have sex? LOL I was like wtf no that's not my style ha ha and I don't plan on talking to him ever again... So guys, to you all, does dating mean you get some? How is dating a girl for a week and having sex different from some random hook up? What is your definition of dating and a girlfriend?

Most Helpful Guy

• I was always under the impression that dating and relationships were kinda the same thing. Only after joining this site did I realize that dating is, apparently, the "trial period", if you will, between friendship and a relationship. I think that sucks, personally...

One things for sure, though. That guy had it all wrong. Rest assured that most of us can tell the difference between having a connection and a hookup.

• i did too. dating to me is to see if I could be in a relationship with the other person. then if I like dating you we can take it to bf/gf.

What Guys Said 4

• Dating to me is being there for the person no matter what and being able to share anything with no lies. Being able to be yourself and exclusively with each other, unless there is some agreement, like if I was to date a bisexual girl I would let her mess around girls because I lack those parts myself. Also, dating someone to me mean being respectful about their feelings and caring for them, or else why would you want to be with them?

• so dating means you are with her and only her. or do you call monogamy something else?

• Pretty much making someone as happy as possible because their happiness makes you happy in return. Monogamy is out dated at this point, but I would only sleep with her, if she's bi then I said she can see some other girls. I am open minded like that.

• Dating to see if you are compatible and can move into a serious relationship. Having a girlfriend is already being exclusive and serious. Sex is up to you when your comfortable with it. If you want to when dating or wait till your exclusive.

• Dating- Banging, taking her out once in awhile

Girlfriend- Banging only her, taking her out on weekends.

What Girls Said 0