What would you do if it became the in style?

I went window shopping in the mall, & even all of the young adult shops for girls had mannequins as well as employees displaying their clothes for sale with shirts tucked into higher waistlines, some with cute pants, some with cute short skirts, & the tops are made so they CAN be tucked in, rather than the ones that can't be tucked without looking strange. I asked why, & they say ALL of the fashion forecasters predict it's the hottest new fashion trend & just catching on. If you think it looks weird & it DID become the IN thing with most people doing it, would you still find it weird? Would anyone start doing it just because it was in or trendy or just ignore it & tuck it out like you've been doing? And would anyone stop tucking it in or dislike it more because it was TOO trendy? I'm just curious because I have a hard time picturing it becoming THAT BIG of a fashion statement again since it went out of style so long ago, yet I'm starting to see people here & there do it now & more people on this site said they liked it than I expected, & belted shirts had gone out of style around the same time as tucked in so I don't know. What do you think?

• Start tucking in
  • Keep tucking out
Bout what I expected, & I agree. I didn't untuck mine when the masses did it either. Thanks...
In the New Orleans area it's not common at all, even in most places of work. Usually just older ladies or african american girls who want to show hips & booty LOL Nothing wrong with that...

Most Helpful Girl

• i am starting to see that. there was a little resurgence of it a few seasons ago when high waisted jeans became popular. I might do it if I see a look I like, I like to keep up with trends and have fun with fashion

• Yeah, I saw some nice outfits in the stores, but most of what people wear in my area isn't MADE to be tucked in. When a top IS msde for it, the right one can look CUTE!

What Girls Said 6

• It's always been pretty big in the fashion world, it emphasizes a woman's curves, her hips and waistline - so it's inherently supposed to be flattering.

Not really my style though. I rarely catch on to most of the trends anyway because I already have my style that I'm comfortable in.

• I don't folow trends. I follow what I like and what I don't. If I like it I'll wear it. If it's comfortable I'll wear it. I can only assume people are not going to be silly enough to wear something they don't like to stay in someone else's idea of 'fashion'. xx

• I only tuck my shirt in if I'm wearing high-waisted bottoms, like a skirt or shorts or something.

I don't tuck my shirt into just normal-waisted pants, it looks bad on me, so if it did become in style, I wouldn't start.

Doing that has always been fairly common, it's not a new thing, and it's not going to be some HUGE trend either.

• i mean I honestly dress however I want and somewhat follow trends but I think that wanting to have the same thing as everyone else and worrying about what other people will think because your not part of the latest fashion is stupid.

• I wouldn't pay it any mind being that my style has been the same for years now and I don't follow trends.

• Its been popular for awhile. I don't have the body shape for it so I don't do it but I have friends who do, it looks great. If I had the body and I found a cute outfit that looked really nice tucked in, totally, I'd do it.

What Guys Said 1

• i would ignore it and do what I normally do. I can't be bothered with fashion.