Is being too girlie annoying?

I am a complete girlie girl. I love flower, small animals, candles, the color purple, fruity drinks, perfume, makeup,...you catch my drift. I mean yes I do love me some action movies and whiskey and traveling, but that's really as manly as I get. Despite loving putting myself together, I really don't think I'm high maintenance.

I just feel like even some girls get annoyed at my level of girly-ness and cheerfulness, that guys must really think its annoying. I mean I've been around a majority of girls my entire life, and have realized that I'm somewhat clueless about the men actually like.

So I ask, are girlie girls annoying?

Most Helpful Guy

• No, It really depends, there are extremes of being a tom boy and extremes of being a girlie girl. If you were completely unwilling to do anything pysical that was fun, it would be a bit frustrating and boring to not be able to enjoy some things with her, I mean if she was too afraid to go swimming because she didn't want to wet her hair, or we were walking and she was too scared to get a little dirt on her it could be a big drawback. Personality wise though I think its really cute and sexy, if its just your personality and it doesn't hold you back I don't see what's wrong with it, the only thing that would bother me a bit is the need for her to wear make up. I prefer natural girls so make up can be a turn off

What Guys Said 3

• I find it cute. If you've watched the anime called Death Note, there's a very good example of a girlie girl there, called Amane Misa. Some guys hate girls like that, but those who are like me want a girl who is JUST like that - girly, loving, clingy and caring.

I don't mind if you love flowers, small animals, candles, colors, and all that other stuff, as long as you understand that guys tend to not be interested in those kinds of stuffs, so don't go on for more than 3 minutes about these things, or guys will get bored. We don't mind hearing that you love this, or you love that, but if you go into a 10-minute conversation about all the different kinds of perfume you like, we're gonna feel like doing something else.

• It is not girliness what's annoying. It is when girl constatntly talks. Whan she want opinion from a boy about purely girlie things (he just don't know!) When she demant girlie stuff from a man. And on top of the list is when girl is imature. When she is not a lady but a big baby. That's annoying. Otherwise to be girlie girl is sexy. Men need estrogen! (in a girl)

• Talking is annoying? What if its something interesting- you miss out:)

Question Asker :Why is traveling a man thing? The color purple is a mix of red & blue historically worn by royalty- I don't think it belongs to woman. I think guys like fruit. Candles are spiritual & useful in black outs... Maybe you're not a preconceived notion-maybe you're just you- isn that OK ?

• You can be as girlie as you want as long as you have the ability to A) be quiet once in a while, and B) talk about something intellectually stimulating now and then.

Personally I like the girlie, cheerful, "bubbly" type personality. Cheerful and bubbly are not adjectives anyone would ever use to describe me. I'm very much a level-headed realist, so the cheerful bubbly girlie girl type balances well with me.

What Girls Said 3

• Personally I find them f***ing irritating and mindless drones. It's like all they care about is being pretty and attractive and seeing who can get the hottest guy and the biggest engagement ring. I can't stand to be around them for too long because their conversations are nonsensical, and always, always start with OMG!, did you see what Jeana was wearing, ewww that is a terrible shade of green, omg, omg, omg! Ya get the drift!

• No. I don't see a problem with you being 'too' girlie at all. If you embrace it like you seem you do, others will just see that as apart of who you are eventually too.

• Being too girl can be annoying, but if that's how you are, be you.