How do you dispel the blond stereotypes?

I'm a natural blond. I refuse to dye my hair because it's too much of an expense and upkeep, plus it's very damaging. but I always run into the issue of people automatically thinking I'm dumb and slutty just because I have blond hair. they don't seem to care that I attend the number 14 school in the US on academic scholarship or that I've only slept with one guy (my boyfriend of 2 years). guys try to take me home without getting to know me because they think I'm easy just because I'm blond. and trust me, it really is my hair color. I dress modestly, don't wear makeup, and am not very flirty. when I do get talking to guys, they say they can't take me seriously because they assume I'm dumb, even when I speak intelligently. how can I show guys I'm really a smart girl who wants a real relationship without compromising myself?

Most Helpful Guy

• I thought the whole "dumb blond" thing was more of a joke. I think most guys realize hair color has nothing to do with brains.

What Guys Said 2

• I don't know, but I do know that there are people who contribute to the problem by being stupid and then dying their hair blond. reinforcing the stereotype without being blond in the first place.

• There are plenty of stupid people in the world and not all of them have blond hair.

What Girls Said 0