Why do girls say their friend is cute when she isn't?

I've had a couple of my female friends try to set me and my friends up with their other girl friends and when we ask "Is she cute?" they always say "Yes, she's gorgeous" or etc. But then we meet them and it's not what we expect. Why do girls do this?

Most Helpful Girl

• Because we honestly believe it. Girls see beauty differently than guys, and if we like what's on the inside it projects itself on the outside and we do think she is beautiful! Plus, some parts of her that you might be interested in may not be what we ever evaluate (like her ass, haha).

Next time ask to see a picture. :P

• I don't know who rated this answer down, but I think it's pretty accurate. Girls can't judge their friends on a basis of appearances because we simply know them too well. I honestly think my friends are very pretty, because I know them for who they are. Personality can indeed make someone more attractive. Therefore, friends are usually biased in such opinions.

What Girls Said 4

• Because we see the good qualities of that friend. We think she truly is cute because of her kindness, humor, intelligence...Kind of how family members love one another no matter what they look like...Make sense?

• because guys and girls have different concepts of beauty.

and do you honestly expect a girl to trash one of her good friends?

• Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Or maybe it's a cruel joke because they secretley hate their friends guts. It is what it is. Get a picture in advance. Good quality.

• so you will meet her/give her a chance .. duhh! if they say she's not cute .. you're not gonna come.

What Guys Said 1

• Because they lie easily when they have a goal in mind