Men, does it bother you that most clothing stores...

Focus on female attire & have less options for males?

I mean, men have to dress too...

Most Helpful Guy

• It doesn't bothers me at all.

Men in general need way less clothing. I mean, girls usually have tons of clothing, yet often they can't decide what to wear, while guys can use the same pants for different occasions and won't mind about it.

We're more simple and most of the time majority of guys don't really mind what they're going to wear unless it's dirty, smells horrible or is really old. So when a guy visits clothing store, he quickly decides what he needs and what he likes. Having less options is even better at some point, because it helps us to select things faster. Majority of us dislike or don't care about shopping anyway. We do it rarely and quickly.

What Guys Said 5

• It's not too bad, but considering my way of clothes shopping is find something I like, buy about 10 versions on that theme, pay and avoid going clothes shopping for another few years (maybe a slight exaggeration) I'm probably not the person to ask.

What really annoys me is when they have store layouts which aren't the traditional male/female split and have both mixed in among each other and sorted by brand or some other such nonsense. The thought of trying to find the small male clothes islands in there sends me to another store or I say to myself 'It's not meant to be' and go home.

• well... most stores in general focus far more on female needs and desires. You have to go for a stereotypical male store like Sears so that the men's and women's section are on either side, rather than women's section in front and men's section behind it.

It bugs me because of the socio-cultural messages it sends and what it shows about what we prioritize in our culture, but most clothes aren't very comfortable to me anyway so I don't shop often.

• My grievances with male clothing stores are thus:

1. Too many wigger clothes for the 'urban' crowd.

2. Most clothes don't fit me right, because as non-standard body shapes (thin in my case) apparently aren't important.

3. General lack of variety.

• Actually, no. Considering most of what's considered "fashionable" looks like trash, I'd rather not have to sift through so much garbage to find something decent to wear.

• It's not the lack of quantity that bothers me, it's the lack of quality.

What Girls Said 1

• I'm not a guy, but I turned my last boyfriend into a shop aholic and some of the stores we loved to shop at for him 3 years ago now have no variety and very little to choose from. He constantly complained about the lack of options.