Do you think its weird when a guy doesn't look at you?

I mean like even when talking to you he looks off to the side and only occasionally makes eye contact with you but never looks at you anywhere else. And doesn't follow you with lingering eyes or look at other girls' skirt line walking down the sidewalk like most guys. Before you wonder he is straight. So is that good, bad, in-between?

Thank you for the advice of more eye contact which I do need to work on. But I was referring more to not doing the typical guy thing of looking a woman up and down like a piece of meat in their attire.

Most Helpful Girl

• Well if he maintains interest while she talks & naturally looks off to the side, I'd assume he's shy so it's fine.

If you're trying to show your interested in her and can't keep eye contact I'd suggest throwing hints in the conversation to see what she thinks of you in that way.

What Girls Said 2

• yes I think its weird. its common courtesy to look at someone when you're talking to them lol.. I mean you don't have to stare the person down, but there should be more than the occasional glance.. it doesn't have to be good or bad, id say it was in-between, depends on the guy. if I knew that he was super super shy, id understand. one of my guy friends is kinda like that but he's gotten better.

• My crush does this often. I don't think it's weird but it makes me feel insecure because he can't look at me and give me eye contact.

What Guys Said 1

• Personally that is like me, I can't have eye contact with anyone, barely my parents without looking away at random things, trying to look like something else caught my attention.

I don't glare down a girl either, mostly out of respect not to treat them like objects and also I'm really shy so my eye focus will mostly be in the floor or on my hands when sitting down.

I'd say this guy is just shy.