Are green eyes rare like everyone says and....

so are they rare and do y'all like them. I'm just curious cause I have green eyes and I some of my friends have them (just a few), I never thought they were rare.

Updates:
btw, my eye color looks blueish sometimes but it's green (I wouldn't change them for anything)

0|0
6|4

Most Helpful Girl

• I wouldn't say rare, but they're certainly the least common, outside of little genetic quirks and mutations like heterochromia and albinism.

Green eyes are my favorite. I'm biased, because I have green eyes as well. But I like them mainly because I'm rather fond of things that are uncommon or unusual. One side of my family has brown eyes, the other side blue. My grandma and I are the only people in our [huge] family who have green eyes.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 4

• their boogers

1|0
    0|0
    • if I had green eyes id poke my eyes out

• well I'm sorry your so judgmental on eye color. I actually love my eye color cause it changes from looking blue to being green.

• Green eyes aren't rare, since your typical colored eyes would be, blue, green, hazel, or brown. Now if you had purple eyes or red eyes, then yes those would be rare, in fact I know lots of people with green eyes.

0|0
    0|0
    • Yes, but genetically, green eyes are least common of all eye colors, whereas brown are the most common.

• Show All
    • I just say it's the luck of the draw what you get, anything is possible, just like brown eyes are supposed to be the dominate ones, well I know a guy who has brown eyes his wife has blue and both of their kids have blue eyes when they should technically have brown eyes.

• I should have brown eyes as well. My mom's are brown and my dad's are blue. But I ended up with green, like my grandmother on my dad's side. We're the only two in our family, on either side, who have green eyes.

• I think they are rare and I like them.

1|1
    0|0
  • green eyes are rare. and I prefer them usually because theyre found with red hair as I prefer redheads myself

0|0
    1|0
    • I have blond hair that's going to turn a very dark brunette because of my eyebrows. I'm a strange combo of everything I guess because my hair was redish as a baby and toddler.

• Show All
    • I don't understand why someone would do that. even though I don't have red hair, it's your opinion so no one can say they judge you for that. :)

• lol, ty

What Girls Said 5

• I think pure green is rare. I have hazel eyes that are almost all green, but have brown around the edges, which my whole family has. My co-worked has amber-golden eyes, they are so cool, I have never seen that color before, and she said they are natural too, no contacts

0|0
    0|0
    • ya I have green eyes that turns dark when I'm tired or mad, it turns light when I'm happy or other moods and looks blueish (but there's no blue visable when you look closer) when I wear blue clothing...weird but I love it :)

• Super green eyes are pretty rare. You see a lot of hazel eyes and eyes that kind of have green in them but you don't see like totally green eyes very much. I actually think green eyes are like SOOO gorgeous, I have green colored contacts I wear once in a while so I can pretend aha.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah green eyes are rare but they're pretty.Who doesn't love green eyes?

0|0
    0|0
  • I have boring brown eyes and brown hair like majority of people in this world. Be happy with what you got. I wish I had green.

0|0
    0|0
  • Uhhh, no not really? It's less common but I wouldn't say rare.

0|0
    0|0