I have extremely fine hair and it bothers me so much that I actually get depressed?

i have fine, wavy hair. It will look good after a hair cut for about 2 weeks, and then it gets flat and feathery. Nothing I do helps; I've tried products, different hair styles, nothing works. Sometimes I get so frustrated I just start to cry. I feel like my hair is the one thing that really ruins my image and it has bothered me for YEARS. I don't want to talk to a doctor, because I know what the answer will be: there's no medication that makes hair thicker. Also, most doctors don't consider "fine hair" to be a medical issue, but it seriously effects my self-image and emotional well-being. If any of you girls have fine hair, or any suggestions for dealing with it, please help me. Thanks.

<3

Most Helpful Girl

• There are professional products that will literally thicken your hair now. Nioxin is a medicated type shampoo almost, used a lot by women with thinning hair to help replace the hair they've lost. And Halo and Paul Mitchell both make Thicken Up type hair products, one of which I use religously. I also use a Joico Whip root lifter on my hair, and blow dry upside down. It literally leaves the root of my hair sticking straight up and with tons of volume.

But be careful, too. The downside to this is that some products will thicken your hair by opening the follicle, which will leave it dry.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 3

• I know what you mean. I've cried numerous times out of the stupidity of my hair. It does the exact same thing and it grows really slow, it took me forever to get it down to my chest like it is now. I use a lot of volumizing products like mousse and hairspray and I don't straighten it because straightening it just damages it. I wear it wavy and I use a lot of leave in conditioner and it tends to look fine if I put a lot of work into it. as for actually thickening it for good, you may need extensions if you think you need that.

• well I think that maybe if you wore your hair straight that it would look nice(considering I have no clue what you look like)/. the problem I have with that is my hair likes to spring out in every direction. I asked my friend who has really curly hair how she gets it super straight(straighter then you could imagine). she told me that she found a hair straightner that can straighting hair while wet and it doesn't fry your hair. its sisnt cost much. alos try ext. they might help

• Girl I know exactly what you are going through. Everytime I got a haircut I'd be like ths is the time my hair will look good but then after about 2 weeks like you said it got awful. So what I did was I went to my beautician and got some hair extension things. I don't know how to explain it but she did something like extensions to my hair, only she didn't add on length, just thinckness. And I love it!