What does it mean when a guy does this?

During a break between classes, I was leaning against the wall in the hallway and texting. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw a guy walking down the hall. I noticed he stopped a few feet from me, so I looked up. He was just standing there and looking at me. I smiled at him and said hi (I'd never seen him before), which he returned with a shy smile and a nervous sounding hello. Then he quickly walked away.

What happened there? Did I scare him off?

Most Helpful Guy

• I've done that plenty of times when trying to start a conversation with a girl I like. In fact I usually don't even make it that far and bail out way sooner. It's not so much you scared him off so much as internal anxiety levels had reached critical mass and he had to abort. He definitely likes you.

What Guys Said 2

• lol you know as he was walking away he was probobly thinking

"f*** sh*t f*** f*** sh*t f*** sh*t sh*t f*** sh*t f*** f*** sh*t f***..."

• ...why?

• oh, well that's too bad. if you do see him again though you know what to do.

• Sounds like he was blown away by your absolute beauty :P Maybe he really didn't expect you to take notice to him and was shocked and nervous and walked off. Oh well. His loss unless you wanna pursue it.

What Girls Said 0