How important are looks to guys?

So I'm an average looking girl. I'm cute but I know I'll never be Miss America or a model. So that's whatever, but when I'm trying to meet a guy how much do you guys pay attention to looks? Also how do I know if a guy is attracted to me...I've been told I'm pretty oblivious to those things.

Most Helpful Guy

• there were two or three girls so far that I felt attracted to after getting to know them. if they were just walking by, I might not have noticed but because they were friends of friends or showed interest in me first, I got to know them. what did they have in common? they liked to make jokes, they were smart and they could hang out and be one of "the guys". now bein one the guys can be walking a thin line but the balance was that they weren't over-friendly and they weren't high maintenance. they were just easy to talk to.

when a guy shows interest in a girl or vice-versa, its not that different. it starts with glancing over at them from across the room, and holding eye contact for a second or two (more if they're brave) then in a social setting talking to them one on one. whomever likes who or both will make that direct eye contact and smile while they're talking. some people are easier to read than others but its that gut feeling that lets you know if they might be interested too after a period of time or if your barking up the wrong tree.

What Guys Said 11

• This may sound like bullsh*t but trust me, if you are intelligent, funny, and choosy; average looks will be more than sufficient. It helps if you have some nice features you can emphasize. Clothes can emphasize certain figure irregularities.Tasteful dressing also helps. Many women think they are less attractive than they actually are because they measure themselves against a blown dry Dallas Cowboy cheerleader looks. There are plenty of women with unconventional beauty that take some time to grow into their beauty. Frequently it a matter of self confidence. Don't settle for second class guys, it will make you feel less attractive and resentful. Your self-esteem will attract men.

If you want to find out if someone is attracted to you 1) make sure you check it out while completely sober and in a non-sexual setting so he's not tempted to bullsh*t you just to get laid. Spend an hour talking to him about your interests. If he truly listens to you and wants to know more, the worst case scenario is that you have found a skilled lover, best case is that he's is truly interested - no, I guess the best case would be both. Good luck

• I'm afraid to say, as far as first impressions go, looks become very important to a guy.

There's that saying "Love at first sight". However, it's also true that "Love at first sight" never happens, unless you're as lucky as a person who won three Lottos in a row.

But what I've noticed over the years is that people with good intentions and a bright personality attracts someone all the time. So, no, you can't be a super model, but you can always be an attractive girl with a beautiful personality.

If you're oblivious to a guy liking you, then think about what the person is doing out of the usual.

Always works. : )

• honestly, looks are pretty important to a lot of guys. that doesn't mean that looks are everything but they are a big part of it. I would never fall in love with a girl just because of her looks though. and I would still date a girl if she was really cool and had an awesome personality and average looks.

think of it this way: looks will attract me, but personality will make me stay.

• I think it's a tough question to answer. Attention wise, we all have a cutoff when it comes to looks. I'll only pursue a girl who is like whatever to ten (i.e., who I rate as like 5-10 or whatever). So my cutoff in the example is 5. Any girl I see being lower than a 5 I won't actively pursue, but that doesn't mean I'd be against dating her. But for some guys it's a 7, some guys its a 3, and even those ratings vary greatly between guys. So bottom line is probably what you don't want to hear: don't worry about it! God made your a certain way and you shouldn't be self conscious about something you have no control over. I don't think it's fair to worry about that, do you?

If you compare yourself with other people, you're always going to be self conscious because there is always someone taller, smarter, better looking, enormous sea creature like cock, bangin' double Ds, huge pecs, amazing ass, whatever.

What does it matter if you're oblivious to guys who are attracted to you? That's the beauty of being a girl, you don't have to do SHIT. That's our job. Just smile and laugh a lot. That works well and we feel good when we make a girl laugh.

• Looks are the initial attractor. They're *usually* the first thing you look at. I have to be attracted to her first. That gets you interested. (Actually, OK, if I'm really 'looking', I look for both inner and outer beauty at the same time. Have you seen the movie "Shallow Hal"? Anthony Robbins says in it that "true beauty is the easiest thing to see if you are looking for it". There's something in their eyes, their face, in their demeanor that says she is a beautiful person, that tell me that she has that quality I value).

I'd like my woman to be physically beautiful. Being [reasonably] physically attractive still matters to a guy, to varying degrees. It is usually just the initial criteria.

But the inside being beautiful, ie the real person, is essential. It is *everything* in the end.

• looks are important cause I have seen girls who I just find untasteful but at the same time personality counts. don't fall for cliches like personality is everything cause its not and people who say that are lying to themselves. we live in a society that has overcomplicated dating and getting to meet one another because of fear of showing one's true self and being judged.example a girl and guy both like each other. but they are scared because they both act uinterested towards each other cause of fear.

• Looks are pretty important, refer to the following chart: img266.imageshack.us/img266/720/1277428921329.jpg I consider girls 2, 3, 4 and 8 attractive. Keep your bodyfat between 15-20% and you'll do fine. Guys will have extended eye contact, smile, physical touch/flirting when they like you

• usually there are very important and if a guy stares at you he's probably attracted to you. also for men and women if they act differently towards you then may attracted to you

• Looks are a short term thing, if they really like you for your looks the relationship won't last long. However that's coming from a guy who is somewhat reasonable, the majority of young guys will be all about the looks and will want to carry around their girl like an object of status. Date the guy who is cute but a little shy, that's the key.

• show a lot of spirit, confidence, and have a good sense of humor. Men pay attention to looks, but if you are super fun to hang out with then we have no problem hanging.

• i was just explaining looks according to myself at least. to this girl I know. I have a girlfriend. so I should be well credited for this answer

while men do look at looks OVER personality. personality has to be there.

example: I met this girl. she told me she liked me but that she liked another guy at the same time. so at this point she's playing the both of us since you can't like more than one person at once. so I go along with it and I pretend to like her back (even though I have a gf) just to have a little fun with it...we talk and she goes out on a date with the other guy, 2 hours before hand I tell her I broke up with my girlfriend and that I was in a car accident just to embellish the story a little. so she's like "oh I'm sorry that happened, yada yada, I'm going on my date, so ill ttyl" so I'm like yeah OK thanks for sticking around. lol. anyway. she texts me later saying the guy asked her to be his girlfriend and that she said yes. granted she had told him she liked me and he still went behind my back to ask her out before I could. I told her that I had never broken up and that I wasn't in an accident. it was a ploy. and she failed the test to see who she was fully committed to. she's HOT but after that. I couldn't stand her, every word she said didn't really matter to me after she told me she said yes to the guy. I'm a player myself and I played a player. lol. I told her off. and I think she knew I was right. girls: don't ever try to play a player, you won't win.

anyway. how do you know your attractive, well if you have guys coming up to you (the ones YOURE attracted to) its gotta be mutual otherwise you won't know if he's attracted to you or not. its all based on the guy though. I know myself that I'm attracted to tall redheaded green eyed girls but that's just me. I dk what you look like so I dk what to tell ya.

hope this sort of helps. PERSONALITY is key

p.s. they fired megan fox on the set of t-3 because she became a bitch on set. she wasn't even attractive in the first place (to me) but when she got bitchy. that just shut it completely for me

What Girls Said 0