How do I raise a man?

My oldest boy is 7yrs and his dad left when he was 3yrs. I have been raising him on my own ever since and I am afraid because I am not a man. My father did not teach me how to be a man that is passed on through the males. He hates that I have to go to cub scouts or other activities with him, when it is for a father and son. I can teach my son to hunt, fish, work, and treat women right, but what am I missing? I use to believe that I needed to find a man to help me along the way, but I am instead with a man that does not want or try to step into those shoes. It has taught me that I do not need a man for this task just a friend with good advice. If you could give some pointers on this subject that would be great. Thanks

Most Helpful Girl

• sounds like your doing a great job already, my boyfriend's mum raised him and his brother on her own and they turned out pretty good, both have good jobs etc, so don't worry about it just do the best you can for him his friends at school will lead him astray ooooops I meant teach him all he needs to know about being a man, as long as you love him and there is some discipline you will be fine

What Guys Said 3

• teach him that if he has kids he needs to be responsible for them for one.

• Are you a Viking or something

• 1 word. Discipline.

What Girls Said 0