Girls: is managing long hair as hard as you make it seem?

i like mid-back length on a girl. and my gf's length is just that. she's always complaining about how hard it is though because of how much time she spends on it and all that. she's suggested cutting it, and I freaked out. so...

Most Helpful Girl

• I have really, really long hair (as in it goes down to the small of my back) and it does take more time in the morning to get ready because of it.

My hair is straight so it's not so bad but it takes forever to wash, you go through a bottle of shampoo in like 2 weeks, it takes forever to dry, it has to be perfectly brushed out or you end up with nightmarish knots, it gets dirty faster, and it's really hot in the summer so you have to wear your hair up so you don't overheat... I love my hair though and wouldn't cut it for anything (but maybe that's because I had really short hair as a kid and I HATED it so I never wanna go back haha).

• hey if I want to grow my hair to be like urs and longer, would you suggest I stop layering it?

Ive always cut my hair layered but girls with really long hair cut it at just the bottom no layers framing the face.. is that healthier for the hair?

• You should trim your hair every 6 weeks or so to keep it healthy. Also if you really want it to grow take biotin, use a deep conditioner every week, and eat healthy. I have a little layering around my face and at the bottom but nothing major blunt cuts are sort of old fashioned so I don't see anything wrong with layering it a bit. As long as you cut off any split ends it should be ok.

What Girls Said 17

• Eh, I have pretty long hair - not as long as it used to be, much to my annoyance, but I find it really low maintenance.

Just wash it - and pretty much I'm good to go.

I've never had really short hair - but from the looks of it, I'd say that would take more looking after it - you'd have to style it a lot more.

• I think long hair is easy. I had but length hair and I got a pixie cut and man, it was hard to maintain. You can put long hair in a ponytail, or a bun on a bad hair day. You can't do that with shorter hair, and you always have to straighten it if your hairs curly to get it to lay properly and style it so it doesn't look ridiculous. LONG HAIR IS EASY!

• Well not really! I have to put all sorts of serums and creams on and then straighten it otherwise it just looks a mess... but I don't find it high maintenance. I've had short hair and to be honest, I found that a lot harder work because you wake in the morning with bits of it sticking up and have to spend ages styling it. With long hair, you just brush and go!

• Ugh yes. Long hair is SO annoying and high maintenance but I keep it because it's what I look best with. Then again I have thick, curly, easily frizzed hair. Takes lot to keep it under control. Not to mention it blowing in my face and getting everywhere.

• I used to have long hair (mid-back, maybe a little longer) and I found it very low maintenance. I have shoulder length with layers now and it is more of a hassle to me. It also depends on what kind of texture her hair has. Someone with curly or course hair will usually have to put more effort into fixing their hair. My hair is straight and fine, so all I would have to do is wash, blow dry and go.

• It gets in your face your mouth, you hair is everywhere when you lose it because it's so much more noticeable. It gets caught in things.. ughhh. Plus it costs more with all of the shampoo and conditioner.

• Yes its a lot of work, but I think its worth it, if you get compliments on it. [=

Just be happy she puts the effort to look good, I always wish guys would notice and say you look so good and nice, that would make my day . [=

• It gets annoying at times, my hair is thick, and really curly, But when I straighten it out it looks awesome. I love my long hair, it's mid back and I wish it was longer.

• Not for me because my hair is very straight but it does get damaged easily (split ends mainly), if she wants to cut it suggest that she get 2-3 inches cut off because then the dead ends will be gone and it will grow faster and healthier and need less up keep, but in the end it is her hair.

• its SO annoying! it's such a trial, getting it all dry, coming through tangles, straightening it... SIGH.

• It's not that hard, unless she has the type of hair that is always frizzy, than it takes a lot to control it. But other than that, long hair is easy to deal with.

• It's not hard to manage to me, just wash it, blow dry and brush

and long hair is awesome because you can do so many different hair styles with it.

Maybe she just wants to try a different style

• Ok most of these girls a freaking LIARS! If it is frizzy,then yes it would be hard to work with. If it is like extra, extra,long,Knee-ankle length,yes it would be hard to work with. In other cases I may not be able to think of,it might be hard to work with. But other then those,its just fine! My hair is about 32 inches,not hard to work with at all! I know some people think that 32inches is short,but keep in mind I have nerve damage in my left arm. And my aunt has hers down to her mid thigh and she has an easy time with hers to. Then theirs my uncle john and...Well lets not talk about his,its sort of gross...But its really long. Any way I don't plan on cutting mine any time soon,because I love it and Its no problem for me...So yea,some girls are just freaks!

• Yes!It is definitely work!

• it's a lot of work. t hat's why I cut it short every winter. less hassle

• i have a thick curly poofy fro no joke my hair is shoulder length and I have 2 dry it (30 min) straighten it the night before (45 min- 1 hr depending on humidity) and then about 30 min of straightening each morning I wear it so about 2 hrs when my hair was mid back length that time was doubled and that's less time enjoying my boyfriend so deal with it

• YES. Hair is a lot of maintenance in the first place then add on all that length it's a pain.

It takes longer to dry when it's wet, more expensive to dye depending where you go, and don't even get me started if you have to straighten or curl it. Plus hair gets everywhere and caught in everything.

What Guys Said 1

• In spite of struggling and hard working on long hair but I really appreicate her heap of patience to make it beautiful. Long hair (not medium length) will always be the queen of all kind or hair length from medium to short length. Long hair always flattering me and believe the same for all real men out there, agree?