Do you think wearing color contacts makes a person seem fake/plastic?

Just been thinking about this topic, I knew a girl I worked with who had beautiful light blue eyes naturally, then all the sudden she came to work with some really deep blue eyes, very unnatural looking. To me, it does come across as fake/plastic, much like fake boobs do, it also comes across as 'trying too hard' or 'too desperate' if you will. Wondering if people other than me feel the same.

I'm talking about people who wear contacts with the purpose of making their eye color look more pretty, most typical is deep blue and emerald green; I'm not talking about ultra obviously fake red contacts or purple contacts (lol purple eyes, freaky)

Most Helpful Girl

• I'd say they only look fake when they don't suit the person at all

if they get one that suitable

What Girls Said 7

• I think they can be cool looking. I kind of want to get some but I definitely wouldn't wear them everyday or all the time. Wearing them everyday is a bit fakey. My mom had a black guy friend years ago who always wore blue colored contacts until one day he showed up with his natural brown eyes and she was shocked which is a little dumb because most black people don't have blue eyes (but that's why I wouldn't wear them everyday kind of like false advertising.) I knew a guy in my gym class when I was a junior who always wore colored contacts everyday except these weren't the norm... They looked kind of like this: link

now that's going too far haha.

• I do know that purple eyes are possible if you have some weird disease. But, yeah, color contacts is fake. Not that I would hold it against a person, but I know that id rather date a person who doesn't have contacts to make themselves have different eyes. People should be confident with themselves, and come to terms with their body and things like eye color. Because, really, its not going to affect your sight so why spend money on contacts to change the color? Especially if the person doesn't need contacts in the first place.

• I think they can be really fun and cool looking. But I would

think someone is fake if they ALWAYS had them on around me

and in a way depended on them to feel better about themselves.

If it was just all in fun, then I wouldn't really care because I think

they can be really entertaining, seeing yourself with other

colors and playing around with it sometimes.

• I hate when I see people wear fake contacts. I understand if you wear it for a costume for halloween but for everyday; Come on! It looks too obvious.

• Definitely. Especially if they're doing it only for 'show' and not for actual sight.

• I have naturally grey eyes, I really hate the colour, I wear colour prescription green contacts as it suits my hair colour. Mine look totally natural. It depends on if the colour the person has in suits thier hair/skin/personallity.

• stop judging someone because of what they choose to do to make themselves look how they feel is attractive. a person's personality is what makes them seem fake or plastic.

What Guys Said 1