What is the significance of the colors of a rose?

There are white, yellow, red and possibly other shades, not only that but if you give one as compared to 3 or a dozen or more. What is the key to unlock the meaning coded in roses? Please help me decipher this!

Most Helpful Girl

• Black Roses signify Death

Lavender Roses symbolize love at first sight and enhancement

Orange Roses indicate enthusiasm, desire and fascination

Pink (Deep) says Thank You

Pink (Light) Rose conveys admiration, gentleness, grace, gladness, joy and sweetness

Pink Rose carry the message of happiness, gracefulness and gentleness

Red Roses symbolize sincere Love, Respect, Courage & Passion

Red (Dark) Rose reveals unconscious beauty

Red (Single) means "I Love You"

Red & White Roses together signify unity

Single Rose in any color expresses simplicity and gratitude

White Roses express Purity/heavenly, secrecy, silence, innocence and charm

White (Bridal) Rose symbolizes a happy love

Yellow Roses indicate joy, gladness, friendship and "I Care"

Yellow Rose with Red Tip indicates friendship falling in Love

• also

green roses symsbolize calm

blue roses symbolize mystery

• Totally awesome! Thank you for the info and possibly saving not only my intended intimate future but that of many others.

• No problem but all I did was google it...

What Girls Said 2

• i think yellow is friendship white is purity (or some sh*t like that) and red is passion/love .. but I'm not sure. it shouldn't matter there all the same sh*t.

• Hahaha very funny! But seriously if this is not publicly and properly decoded this code can cause mass worldwide confusion through mixed signals between the genders of the human race thus causing the fall of humanity!

• honestly I don't know what your talking about, flowers are flowers in my eyes.

• 0|0

What Guys Said 2

• Red is a romantic relationship, yellow is friend type of relationship, and I'm not sure about white but I assume it has something to do with purity.

• white means peace. yellow is usually friendship. red is usually love. black is death. and I dk any others. I think pink is one but I'm not sure what it means