Why do brunettes change their hair color to Blond?

Why do Brunettes change their hair color to Blond? In the last year I've meet at least 8 gals that are brunettes but for some reason the have either bleached it blond or gone big time with highlights. Is it a fashion trend I don't get.

I see were shifting between it's a trend and you wished were blond but weren't born with it.

I think the red heads have easier time when it comes to the hair men just follow them around no matter what.

Most Helpful Girl

• I've noticed that too. I think its the trend right now. With me thy start off with blond highlights, then get more and more till their completely blond. I think the majority of them looked better with no blond at all =)

• I'll agree on that they most of them looked better as they were minus the high lights.

What Girls Said 11

• They have really low self esteem and think that changing a few things about their appearance will make it all better. It's also usually related to a preference they've developed from being around the women in their lives. Moms, aunts, cousins, etc.

Sometimes it looks alright (if the girl is smart enough to limit it to a few highlights), but other times (especially where major bleaching takes place) it looks completely fake and the girl has no alternative than to wait for the whole thing to grow out.

They think they look pretty -- and they've shelled out mucho dinero to make themselves look like that, so it's a major blow to the ego if someone tells them it doesn't look as good as their natural hair!

• I know some girls who done that, and I don't understand too.

• I don't personally but have in the past changed my hair colour from brunette (never to blond though). There are several reasons, as I see it, that could be possible:

- Having a new hair colour gets you compliments from your friends and increases self confidence.

- It can get boring having the same hair all the time and there's only so many ways to cut it.

- Some people just have dull hair, let's be honest.

- Blond hair catches the eye (except that, where everyone seems to be going blond, it really doesn't).

- There's that idea that guys are in general more attracted to blondes at least in the first place (although in the long run, well, they say brunettes are girlfriend material).

- Blondes are purportedly more fun.

I wouldn't want to be blond, I've got that sexy European thing going for me. :P That being said, I'd kill to be a naturally flaming redhead!

• Well I'm naturally reddy-blonde and I've dyed my hair brown and black a million times! I adore dark hair and always wished I'd been born with thick jet black hair! I think we always long for what we haven't got! It ruins my hair too much though every time I try and go back to my natural colour - so I'm sticking with what God gave me now, everyone says 'you can't bottle' my natural colour so I guess I should think myself lucky.

• OMG, are you kidding... redheads have it hardest! Haven't you heard all the 'ginger' jokes and all the names we get called!? Some men do like it, but the ones that don't tend to be very insulting and offensive about it and feel the need to call us names! Not so much now I'm older thank God, but we're still bottom of the pile for most - in the UK we are that is, I've heard US guys love redhead girls!

• Here in the US red heads or seen by some guys as the best and they nothing else my guess being in the UK things may be different. It may have something to do with the fact that reds heads Are in far less numbers here. I personally haven't been exposed to any amount of red head jokes but then again I don't go looking for them either. Only went to school with one red headed girl and the guys just followed her around like there was free candy or money if they were in her presence.

• Oh God, that's depressing! I wish I lived in the US, I'd have more men hitting on me than I'd know what to do with. Here in the UK, red hair is widely seen as unattractive (though I do feel that's idiots with no mind of their own not daring to have their own opinions).

• For those of us who got some strands of gray early, we like the gold highlights to hide it :) I haven't gone blond though, I like my nice warm brown color and have never bought into the idea that blonds have more fun... they just look washed out to me :)

• That's what I don't get is like you say some of them look washed out or shall I be nice and say there not as pretty as they could be.

• i don't know why its hard to understand.do blond girls never change their hair color?its definitely not because we brunette girls wants to be blond.Katy Perry's hair is black but that doesn't mean she wants to be brunette.if youve ever been in asia you would see many girls change their hair color.its just for a better look.im brunette and my hair is a little brown,my skin tone looks better with that.by the way,i never want to be blond.:)

• Just dyeing your hair can be a lot of fun! It's amazing how different you can look with just a change of hair colour. I went for purple instead of blond, though. :P

• And why do blond change their natural colour to brunettes?

• that can be another poll question but it does seem the more people are going crazy with the highlights now.

• Lol it hides the grey better...honestly I look younger blond I think anyway!

• I'm brunette and have alllwaayss wanted to be blonde!

I think it's the stereotypical "blondes have more fun" and the whole Essex girl blond hair, boobs and blue eyes thing.

It's the same with long hair too, all girls strive to have long hair :)

• redheads (my fav.) tend to be more fun for me. :D jet black as well. I've given up on brunettes and blondes as I'm tired of hearing the war of "brunette vs. blond whos better". how bout the reds, blacks, and wild colors (like blue) lol. don't change your color honestly, guys who like brunettes will come to you, just be patient :)

• Haha thank you :)

I also had long hair and then I cut it short, loads of people say they prefer it but I know guys in general prefer long hair.

Can't win :L

• Well said Dave, LOVE your comment! :)

What Guys Said 2

• Idiocy, my friend. Brunettes <3

• It doesn't matter. Just change it occasionally. We don't like f***ing the same looking girl. When you change your hair it keeps it fresh for us.