I feel so unattractive compared to people on TV.

I always find myself comparing myself to "Beautiful people" on movies and TV shows. In comparison I feel ugly and unattractive. Does anyone else ever feel this way?

Most Helpful Girl

• I won't allow the media to make me feel that way.You must remember,MOST of what you see is smoke screens and mirrors.Thats it.Its tons of make up,faux hair,camera angles and plastic surgery. Society is a bloody joke.The people who are deemed as beautiful,are the same people who have had knives and needles cut and prick their faces I.E.(Megan Fox,Demi More etc). And those who choose not to go down that road pay the price on some level. The media may backlash them for it. It's an Effed up industry and allowing yourself to feel this way is only letting them win. I'm sure celebs feel the way you do at times.Some of them go out and spend thousands and their self esteem is still broken.If you're ever feeling down because of the delusional idea of beauty our society pushes...look at pictures of LIL KIM,and Sean Patrick Flannery.Lil kim is most extreme though. A guy I was once interested in,said one of the kindest,sweetest things I had ever heard.He said,"Its your imperfections that make you beautiful."I think of this often...as a girl,i think the media is much more harsh on us. Sorry if my answer is too girly,but don't let them win.

What Girls Said 10

• I'm sure we've all felt that way at some point. ;)

It's important to remember, though, that celebrities have an entire TEAM of people to make themselves look good. Google your favorite celebrity "without makeup" or "running an errand" and you'll find they look a lot less attractive than when on a TV show or movie

• No, is that weird lol?.. I don't really get jealous of anyone. Jealousy is nothing without desire if one doesn't desire anything they don't get jealous. I guess its because I genuinely do see people as individuals and not everyone can be the same so I don't desire to be someone else.

• ALLLLL the time! It's the music videos that get me, they make me feel like I might as well just stay indoors because there's no hope for me! :(

• I know what you mean but you know what I think about? Most of the beautiful people on TV look so much more ugly than us regular people when they don't have top cosmetics on and beauticians and computer editing to fix their flaws. =D

• Sometimes...but I stopped comparing myself to people on TV and in magazines because they aren't real take off all the make up and get rid of the fancy lighting and they look like average people...

• Plus the air brushing.

• I've actually never been one to get jealous of people on television, I'm more likely to get jealous of real life girls I see at the mall or walking down the street,but it isn't a "crazy" jealous, more of a comparison type of deal.

• Yes of course.

• Well when I look in the mirror I sometimes feel ugly but, nobody actually perfect.

• Yes !

• what a stupid and unrealistic comparison

What Guys Said 4

• i barely watch tv, so I don't care.

• No. People on T.V. wear all that make up and go to specialist hairdressers. If I did that I would look like that too, but I don't so I'm not going to compare myself to some fake person as far as I'm concerned.

• I feel better about myself when I see these people. I like that they exist, because I can be one of them, someday =]

• I just wish I was a little taller. I keep imagining myself standing in the middle of them and I don't like it.