Redhead or brunette?

I'd always had brown hair until about a year ago, I'm thinking of dying it back as red hair is hard to keep up. My boyfriend loved my brown hair but now whenever I go out as a redhead many more randoms come up and tell me I'm beautiful or something- I like both colors but what to know which one looks better- also excuse the weirdness of the brunette photo- it was for my little sisters photo shoot and I can't find anyother brown hair photos

brown

link

red

link

Here is a photo of the length- it's layered so look at the hair to the right of the photo- that's the true length but it's about an inch longer since this photo has been taken
link

more exposed photo of length

Most Helpful Girl

• i like brown hair or dark hair in general but it seems there isn't a lot of red heads lately well I havn't seen much of them. when I clicked on your link of "red" the first thing I noticed were your eyes I think red brings them out really well, but do as you please , you don't live life to please him. plus change is good if anything its easier to go back to being a brunette then flipping it around and being a red head.

• they say the red gene will disappear :( I hope it doesnt. as I prefer it

• i heard that too! I think in a MIA song, which is why twicecapersred should be a red head lol

What Guys Said 5

• WOW, you're VERY pretty BOTH WAYS! The only difference I see to point out is the red hair makes you look more pink/rose complected, while brunette makes your look more olive complected or slightly tanned, but BOTH are EQUALLY flattering & make you look just as beautiful! I hope that's not non-helpful, but if both of those looks are equally appealing to you, then I'd go with the one that's easier to keep up...

• On you the brown looks better and it will get yu less 'randoms' on the street.

• The red makes you(?) stand out more. I prefer that. But hmm, it's not clear whether that's you or not. If not, who knows?

• RED :) brings out your eyes!

• while I typically go for reds. I also noticed you have blue eyes. brunette is better. and besides you're not looking for compliments from others, your looking for compliments from your boyfriend. which he likes you as the brunette. I like green eyes with my reds. although I myself am dating a jet black haired girl

• Haha I did make it sound as if he hates my red hair--- he doesn't really care what color my hair is. I'm just trying to decide which is more striking(in a good way) also my hair is to my butt I know you can't see it in the photos as my hairs up in them but I don't really hang around with people who take a lot of photos

• Thanks it's a 1940s dress with glass beads- and there's no way I'm cutting it I dig old world glamour ( though women in the 40s had shoulder length hair) I like doing complex updos- beehives and stuff

• eh suit yourself, you sound like a cool girl though. not many girls still do that kind of stuff, rare, and that's cool

What Girls Said 9

• I have a bit of a weak spot for redheads.

I'd love to be one - Tried it once, it did not work for me sadly.

I think the red looks great. Kinda Dita von Teese, Jessica Rabbit, glamour look. It's not exactly natural looking though, so I suppose it's dependent on what you want your appearance to say. The brown is subtle, cutesy, natural. The red is bold, more sexy than cute.

Both look good though.

• I say red.

• red!

i think that red looks natural! Looks great on you. I noticed the same thing after I went red more people yelling from far distances "gggiirrrrllll your hair is goooorrrgeous!" hah I love red and probably won't go any other color for awhile!

• I love red hair and isn't that hard to keep red you just need some colourising shampoo it pretty much dyes your hair as you wash it

• Wow, I think you look good with both, but I think red makes your eyes stand out more as well as your fair skin, which is good.

You look good both ways though.

• i think the natural colour is way prettier ! its also pro a lot easier to have ! the red looks so fake due to your eyebrows ! sorry :(

• I tried to make it look as natural as I could but I figured dying my eyebrows could go wrong or just look like sh*t so I left it but there are so many girls running around with purple red hair and I didn't want that. So I see what you're saying

• lol ya that's the danger ! but I think everyone is entilted to be a redhead once in their life for a while ! :) after all reds have the best fun ! :P for a while as dying your hair is killing it , and please don't tell me you straight it !

• RED :D I love it so much! I think it suits you more and give you a unique look :)

• red!it makes you look beautiful, the brown is kind of flat and makes you look boring!

• i like the brown hair better