Girls, how does makeup make you feel??

does wearing makeup make you feel like your lying? I love makeup but I feel like when I wear it and receive compliments I feel like its not a real compliment because the makeup is not really me...

what do you girls think?

Most Helpful Girl

• Make-up?

Like, heavy make-up? It makes me feel gross and dirty--like I need a bath. It also makes me feel like the 'bad things' in it are seeping into my pores and trying to clog everything..But that's just because I over-exaggerate on a lot of things! xD

Make-up that's for everyday, not like stage make-up, makes me feel.. o.O;; Idk, grown up and more responsible? It makes me feel grown up because, let's face it, most grown women wear make up. I feel 'responsible' because I know that I'll have to take care of it and remember to take it off when I put it on. .. I think.

But, unless you're caking it all on and hiding ALL of your flaws, it's not really considered 'lying'. Like someone else has said before, it's supposed to enhance what beauty you do happen to have. :3 Also, if you are caking it on, you're not the only one doing it: there's tons of celebs that do the same thing, there's even more models that do the same as well. Not only that, but there's airbrushing for magazines too! Lol. Just keep doing whatever you want to do, but remember that, if you're keeping your face from your husband, it'd be hard to keep on doing( trust me, I've heard the dumbest stories that you wouldn't believe ).

What Guys Said 2

• Makeup makes me feel pretty =] And it makes me feel 'dolled up', which is the main reason I wear it. I love getting and feeling that way. And if I get compliments, well. Makeup changes me a bit but not to the extent that it contorts my features. I've still got a little jawline and high cheekbones and lah-de-dah. Most compliments I get are about my eyes or hair anyway, or my, uh, well, other places. So I don't mind about it.

If you wear makeup, the makeup becomes part of who you are. That's what I think. Its like, when you say 'Thats a real good painting'. Your not talking about the paper its painted on, but its part of it. Your not talking about the paint that painted it, but its part of it. And if you put those parts together, you get the painting that you just called real good.

• what you wear is an expression of yourself. the best way to get to know someone right off the bat is by the way they dress. you can tell if a person is rich cause they're probably wearing a bit nicer clothes. you can tell if a persons Gothic cause they're most likely wearing black most of the time. etc...all you're doing is expressing yourself in the fact that you like makeup. it makes you feel good and if done right obviously makes you look good too. if people can't accept you for you and your taste then to hell with them :P

lol I was exaggerating but you get my point, I hope :)

What Girls Said 13

• When I wear a lot I feel like I'm lying to haha. I'll see girls who look pretty with a lot of make up, then there's just like some day when I see them and they aren't really wearing any, and I'm just like Ooh damn! She's kinda ugly. Id rather not have that be other peoples reaction if they saw a drastic difference when I don't wear make up compared to when I do. Soo I just wear the minimal face make up I need to and a little eye make up. It's really gross when girls have like huge make up lines going down their neck from make up. It looks so fake and nasty, what's the point. and at some point or another people will see me with no make up on and I'd rather not be unrecognizable ha ha just sayin.

• I only wear a little bit of makeup, not enough to the point of someone seeing me without it and being shocked. I feel more confident and more attractive when I do wear it.

• I only wear a bit of cover up or mascara...I hate having lots of makeup because I feel like I am hiding behind it. There are some days (like 2 a month) where I'll get all dolled up because I just wanna change or look nicer that day...for example Valentines day I acually wore more makeup

• Make up is like my outside face, like no matter how sh*t things are behind closed doors, when I have my makeup on I'm OK, and I can smile. Its just my mask. Only the people who can truly trust in and relax around see me without my make up, if I'm honest.

• I feel that make up in general makes me feel a lot better about myself... Even though it's covering my face sometimes. But I feel like makes some of my features more prominent. I don't know

• I only wear makeup to enhance my features because I really have nothing to "hide" But I like the way it makes me look

• Makeup is something that makes me more confident. Not that I'm not confident without it, because I'm not. But when I wear makeup it makes me feel pretty by enhancing my beauty.

• No not at all, I make-up just enhances me. I never feel like I'm lieing with it.

• it's not a lie, it's enhancement. I think I look a little better with it on but I'm not a monster when I take it off.

• I feel more dressed up and glam when I wear makeup. Even if someone compliments me on a day I'm wearing makeup I don't feel fake because it's not like I look like a completely different person when I take it off. If you thought I was pretty with makeup you're gonna think I'm pretty without makeup. It's not fake, it's enhancement. Plastic surgery would be fake

• makeup makes me feel great! its not a fake compliment to me because I use makeup to accentuate my features rather than caking it on to hide myself. Just because you use makeup isn't changing who you are. If you feel more confident and pretty when you wear makeup then go for it!

• it feels like I'm wearing face paint it makes me feel really gross only wear it when I have to on stage

• lying? why would it?

it makes me feel more attractive