High waisted shorts... for curvy girls?

I have recently purchased some high waisted denim shorts, they look cute but I'm not so sure they suit me :/

Im like a size 14/16 (uk sizes... not sure what that is in the us) and I don't know if they make me look bigger, I know I'm not fat and I have a pretty flat stomach but id like some opinions! thanks :) x

Most Helpful Guy

• It sounds like you have some great curves, & no they won't make you look big, they'll just highlight your best features & show off your curves AND your flat tummy, so you'll look slender but shapely! In fact, tucking a shirt into the high waist will help show that off even more. You'll look SMOKIN'...

What Guys Said 4

• 14/16 UK is 12/14 in US.

You are probably just at the borderline of being curvy instead of just average.

If you have any links that might help.

• Actually, a UK 14/16 is a US 10/12. So just a little smaller than you were thinking. Also, curvy is actually a shape, not a size. A girl can be really small and still be curvy.

• If your size 14/16 then something that makes you look a little bigger in that area could actually work to your advantage ^^ I don't know though, I'd have to see them on you, haha

• can you post a link to what the shorts look like?

• link

that is the link to the short I have got, but clearly I'm not the same size/shape as the model xx

• aah cool, yeah I'm curvy, hourglass shape but I do have a flat tummy, it doesn't stick out much tbh x

• hourglass with a flat stomach is definitely good for those. They'll probably look really sexy with your curves

• High waists don't suit anyone.

What Girls Said 3

• I think high waisted shorts are very flattering for curvy girls because, instead of sitting at the hips (which is wider than the waist), it sits at the waist, where it accentuates the slimmest part of a woman's body. Most important thing though, is to just be comfortable with yourself. No matter what others say, wear what you want and have your own unique style

• YESSSS! As long as you have a defined waist, I'm sure it will look good, especially if you're curvy, it will show off the your body! I don't know how you feel about your legs, but you could always wear tights underneath if you are uncomfortable with them (good, good friend always was and that is how she would wear them)

also, it would super cute with like a v-neck tucked in with a cute, bold cardigan on top. Tights or leggings underneath and boots. I would also add an awesome necklace or headband. Jus' sayin'! :)

• thanks for the advice :) yeah I'm like hourgladd shape so I go in at my waist! x

• perfect. It'll look super cute.

• I think If You have a flat tommy than Its OK. The high waisted short is cute and will draw the eye to your slimmest part which is flaterring so keep wearing it...