If you were abandoned and in the wilderness (hypothetically) would you think you can find a way out?

Like Bear Gryll's style or Survivorman or just plain survive...but those shows teach you a bit about how to get it done. What do YOU think?

Most Helpful Guy

• The real kicker are the rivers. You can follow them downstream (or upriver) to the nearest settlement, but if they dive into a canyon you might not want to follow. So of course it depends greatly on where you find yourself. I'm no fool though so I'm thinking I could probably extricate myself from virtually any situation.

• Fair enough...Way to be thinking logically.

• Well this comes from experience. I have explored my local region a fair amount, and when you come to a river it pretty well demands you turn one way or another.

What Guys Said 2

• I think I could do fairly well for myself thanks to the things I made it a point to learn while in the Scouts as a young'n, as well as what I learned in my own time.

• Yes, grew up hunting and fishing. I could find my way out of most situations if I had a gun or a fishing pole..and enough warm clothes.

• So hopefully if you do ever end up in a crazy situation, you'll have proper supplies then.

• Yes, I'd know better than to take off in the desert without water or anything like that.

• Hmmm what if you just woke up there? :o

What Girls Said 4

• Depends on where, what season, what supplies I had, etc.

• no I have the worst sense of direction, I'd just give up and live in the woods, like those crazy mountain men and after a few weeks I'll look like this link .

• Me get weird ...grow a beard.. a live.in mountains with you lead you home like Lincoln navigator or onstar then we enjoy cookies and tea. Fortune cookie will say...tough times don't last but tough people do.

• haha nice simile. "lead you home like Lincoln navigator or onstar "

• Hahahaha love it :)

• I don't think I would make it. I panic too much, and when I panic, I don't think clearly.

• Yeah. As long as there is a water path around you could survive.