Looks are actualy important?

ok so people say you shouldn't care about how girls look and blah blah blah, and I think is bull... I got girls hitting on me that aren't that cute, maybe they are overwight or they're ugly and I reject those girls, cause you know what the truth of the matter is that guys do care about looks,we go for looks jusr as much as we go for a good girl they gotta be pretty, fit, nice boobs etc, So what's your opinion on the subject matter? am I wrong or am I right?

Most Helpful Girl

• Everyone knows looks matter. To both guys and girls. Some people tend to have a double standard about it though. Like Evangelina said, the same guys that say a girl has to be cute and fit or he won't date her, is the same guy that complains how shallow women are. How they can't believe she wants a guy who's taller, buffer, with a better face. Or the same girl who demands a guy with muscles/in shape is also the same girl that thinks men are shallow for not wanting to date overweight women. The circle goes round and round.

Bottom line: We all have preferences. There are people we choose not to date because of how they look. And according to a few people, when they're the ones doing it, it's called preferences. But when others do it, it's called shallow.

What Girls Said 6

• Of course looks are important. When we first meet someone, we see their appearance before anything else, so it is the initial attraction. That being said, I don't think looks are the MOST important, especially in a long term relationship. While looks are important to attract someone initially, there usually has to be something else other than looks to keep a person's interest (hobbies, personality, common interests, sense of humor, ect...). I also believe that everyone is attracted to something different, so what is "beautiful" to one person may be "ugly" to another. The point is, looks are important to some extent, and the importance varies from person to person.

• Girls care about looks too, so guys can't bitch when girls say they want a tall guy who is muscular or toned and lean & who has a strong jawline, full head of hair and is healthy.

Anyone who says looks do not matter is blowing smoke outta their asses, that's the ugly persons battle cry.

• looks don't matter because they are SUBJECTIVE. what you and I find attractive is different ... that's why that's the saying.

• um I think everyone cares about looks...who wants to reproduce with an ugly man and have his hideous babies? Not me

• I think looks matter to the extent that you have to be attracted to someone for a relationship to work out. You have a right to deny girls you don't feel an attraction to, but there is a difference between being shallow and going for girls your attracted to. also, you shouldn't be rude when denying someone, because regardless of whether your attracted to them or not you should still respect their courage and be polite.

• no one has ever said looks don't matter. just that they don't matter THAT much...

What Guys Said 5

• You speak the truth, albeit somewhat crassly. Of course, not every guy may conform to this particular standard, but, for the most part, you're more or less correct. It's likely true for the other side of the gender barrier, too.

There's nothing wrong with having standards, but you probably shouldn't let looks be the do all and end all of your decision-making process. After all, if the girl's a bitch, doesn't matter how pretty she is; you'll only be able to stand her for so long.

• I agree with you, a girl who doesn't look good, doesn't look good and it would be worse for a guy to try going out with a girl who he has no attraction to and try to make her fit then to not date her at all. I though also have the way of thought that looks are not everything and that of a gril to reach 10 status to me has to fit quite a few not to hard traits. if she's fat, she can lose weight, but if the B**** crazy, The b*** is going to be crazy for a wile.

• Looks matter to both guys and girls. You don't just walk up to someone and hit on them because you think they have a good personality. Initial attraction is always because of the way someone looks. Now after getting to know the person's personality you might feel different, but initial attraction is 100% based on looks

• Yeah. Well, I don't turn away anyone, because nowdayz all I do is fool around, and I mean. It can be good fun fooling around with a girl I don't find attractive at all. I don't know why, I find it fascinating, hahahha. And eventually I do find them attractive if we do it a few times. Which is crazy. Its like, a psychedelic experience.

Man, that's a new one. Fuckin' an ugly chicks a psychedelic experience.

• looks and physical assets ARE important, hence why I'm still single