What qualities do guys look for in a girl?

Like what would be more important to you, when meeting a girl?

Appearance? Personality? What?

Most Helpful Guy

• most people believe it or not will initially judge you by your looks, me included. does that make me shallow? I don't think so, because its a human characteristic. shallow would be basing attraction on looks alone.

first impressions mean a lot. I think that goes for men and women. it's just how our brains are wired. everyone is different in what they find attractive, short, tall, long hair, fat, skinny, etc...if looks didn't matter, why do we as human beings spend so much time doing things to make us look as good as possible? sure you have some people that actually don't care about how they look, and that's what floats their boat, and those people are rare.

however all that looking good means nothing when that person approaches you and your personality sucks ass, because you'll never have a meaningful relationship if you're not attractive personality-wise to anybody you might date. I have a few of friends that people go crazy over because they look a certain way, but they don't keep their girlfriends/boyfriends long because they're boring, or self-absorbed, or just not nice.

What Guys Said 5

• id say at first, just being honest, appearance. If the girl is cute then I'm more inclined to go and talk to her but after the initial hello its all about who she is. I love a girl who can carry on a conversation and be witty and funny and make fun of me and laugh and challenge me. I don't like the whole "play dumb" thing like a girl posted here a day or two ago, just be real with me and don't be anything less than what you are.

• while people don't like to admit looks can play and initial role when first meeting the opposite gender, however to me that is only like I said an initial thing, after if the girl doesn't have the right personality to back it up then I'm done, its not just about looks

• i always look for an optimistic upbeat personality with average to stunning looks now when I'm meeting a girl I look for good looks and then if I like that then ill go from there

• Personality for me, beauty can be really overrated.

• Personality. Looks won't help us have a good conversation.

What Girls Said 0