Are black jeans kinda nerdy or emo looking?

I wore black jeans today with a solid red colored shirt with tennis shoes. I looked in the mirror and was surprised about how nerdy I thought it looked. Needless to say, I didn't have a good day since I can't just change clothes in the middle of school.

I think the problem was that the shirt just didn't look right with black jeans.

Most Helpful Girl

• i think it has more to do with the style of the jeans rather than the color. I also think that you can't just put ONE article of clothing under a style type. you can take something an emo kid would wear and make it a part of a preppy kids outfit. so it depends on HOW you wear it. but that's just my opinion.

What Girls Said 5

• black jeans are fine just depends on the way you wear them and the way it fits you.

• No,black jeans are great...pretty classic.But if they are not your style then you should wear something else.But from what you described,it doesn't sound like you looked like a dork.:)

• I think it depends on what you wear with them, if instead you wore a red tank top with the black jeans and a peer of heels, it wouldn't have looked nerdy at all. Instead it would have looked sexy. I don't think it's the black jeans that's the issue maybe you want to change your style if you don't like it anymore? Goodluck

• yeahh I don't think its the pants maybe the shirt or the shoes didn't look right , is it skinny jeans ?!

• Yeah they were skinny and the I guess the red shirt looked kind of preppy since it's long sleeves.

• Neither. Black jeans are awesome.

What Guys Said 1

• Black jeans aren't inherently nerdy or emo. If you're wearing them with a black shirt (or a band shirt), then they'll likely start seeming emo. Also, if you get Hot Topic type pants, with all kinds of stupid pockets, designs, etc, then they'll also start looking emo.

Regular black jeans are fine. Get those and a shirt that doesn't look like it came from Hot Topic, and you'll be fine.