Hair emergency, please help ?

i dyed my hair black around January 1st this year . today I decided to try a ashy auburn color . it dyed only my roots ORANGE and the rest of my hair is still black . I really have no idea what to do :| I have an extra hair dye of the color I dyed my hair in January . should I dye it again or what ? :(

Most Helpful Girl

• Go to a professional. They will be able to fix the tone better than any at home application. If you dye it all the same color again it will fry your hair more and you will still not be able to fix it or get the color your want. Once you dye your hair dark it is hard to dye it lighter. I have naturally super dark hair but in 2009 I did a light brown with blond highlights and it got damaged from that alone, its taken almost a year to get my hair healthy again though my ends are still dry.

Reguardless of what you it will get damage but if you get it professionally done it should even the color out and be less damaging.

Hope your hair comes out the way you want it still!

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 6

• yea you have to bleach your hair before you use dyes on top of other dyes. the reason it only colored your roots is because that's where all the natural hair is. the black part isn't going to absorb any more color because its so saturated with black already.

• Dyes contain Schueller’s compound, as well as bleaching agents, such as ammonia or peroxide so it's really not healthy for your hair to keep layering them on. Usually it's best to wait at least 5 weeks before re-dying as it gives your hair time to strip some of the colour out. If your in a real emergency then try using a shampoo that is well known for stripping hair colour. In England (I'm not too sure if you have it in America) some people use 'Head and Shoulders' which is well known to all dyers to stay clear of because it causes the colour to fade more quickly. If you can't find a dimilar product, then try shampooing your hair for at least 10-20 minutes. This might make the colour fade however I'm not too sure. After that keep doing it until it's faded some more. The darker it is, the more likely the auburn colour won't show up as nicely so keep it up until it's faded back to your natural colour. Another way to see is to do a strip test ( cutting a piece of hair out and go through the dying treatment as usual to see the colour). Best wishes x

• I had my hair black from Freshman year all through Sophomore year and decided I was tired of it being black right before my Junior year. My hair is at least 2+ feet long and we figured bleaching would really hurt it, so we did some research and found this: link

We found it online, but you can also go to a Sally Beauty Supply store and find it. Since mine's so long it took a couple of boxes and treatments, but it turned out to be an auburn sorta color and thus since I've fallen in love with the color red. But anyways, it should get your hair light enough so that you can dye it a lighter color, and it won't fry your hair like bleaching would.

Hope I helped and you can fix it! :]

• Hey, I dye my hair all the time, I've found a really good product that will strip permenant dye out of your hair without damaging it, its called B4Colour, just google it to find your nerest stockist.

This won't affect your roots as these have had the pigment removed so you'll be left with orange roots and your natural hair colour where the black was.

You can then either bleach your tips to the same colour as your roots then dye over the top, or you clould but a darker NON METALLIC dye over the whole head starting at the roots. :)

• Bleach your hair before you try any other hair colors .

• dye the roots black to cover it for a fast fix. if you want it a lighter color you need to get it done professionally. If you bleach it yourself, it will turn out blotchy and dry the heck out of your hair!