What do you look for in a bar/club?

What do you like or dislike about bars and nightclubs? What keeps you going back to your favorite bar?

Most Helpful Girl

• - atmosphere (friendly, laidback, not pretentious)

- music that I enjoy (I prefer alternative/rock/indie)

- decently priced drinks

Some of my favorite bars are complete dives, but they play good music and the people there are friendly and tons of fun.

I dislike bars/clubs that:

- have dress codes and everyone walks around like they're hot sh*t and better than everyone else

- attract underagers or people recently of age who drink way too much and then act obnoxious/don't know how to handle themselves

- tend to just attract people who are solely there to hook up

- attract people who are looking to fight

- play sh*tty music

- overcharge for drinks (i.e. you pay extra for the "atmosphere")

- frisk patrons before allowing them to enter (I know it's for "safety", but the fact that its necessary makes me feel uneasy about going there altogether)

What Girls Said 9

• Never really been to one - well from someone who has never been to one I believe I have heard a lot of people say something like this - yo I got drunk so badly last night, I hooked up with this person and when I woke up there were three of us!

• I like bars because I like to drink and dance mostly. It's hard to meet genuine men... but if I am going out just to find a quick hookup it's great. I keep going back to my favorite bar because the music is great and there are so many men! They are not the shy type, they will come up to you and ask you to dance right away! Ok, sometimes that sucks... BUT when I'm in the mood for being creeped on by creepy bar guys... it's great. :)

• I check out the decor, the crowd,the music, the staff,whether the drinks are made well and if it's somewhat clean of course.:)

• Prime market research

• Not love

• Nothing

• Fun!

• I look at the people.

• I look at the decor more than anything.

What Guys Said 7

• I prefer bars to nightclubs, but I don't mind a few alternative/indie clubs. I go back to my favorite bar for the ambiance, the music is always at the right volume from drinking alone or for socialising. The folks behind the bar are pretty loyal to their regular customers, and the drinks/food is reasonably priced. Also there's a huge range of foreign alcohol so that's always a plus.

• I look for hot looking girls with their little dresses and their sexy legs ;), I mostly go there to hear the music and relax. I also go there to make out and to get laid lol. Although most of the time I go there to meet girls, I know bad place to go for that. I also go there to hear what is new with the music scene.

I don't like that girls think that you are talking to them, you want to get into their pants. Gold diggers who only seem to be interested in you, so you can buy them drinks or just make out with you. Douche bags who think that they can push you around and what not, idiots just looking for a fight.

I like the music there, depending on the bar though, the pretty girls, the atmosphere and how it is dark with all the lights lol.

My favorite bar keeps having me as a loyal customer, because it is the most prestigious bar in town, they have the best music in town (mostly electronic and house music, little rap), there is a dress code and it is expensive so no douche bags are allowed, the really hot chicks as well and the fact that a lot of famoes DJ's have come there Avicii and what not.

• I can't stand clubs, the noise level gets to me. Bars on the other hand I like to go to pubs; that is they have a full menu as well as alcohol. I don't like dive bars, these places are where you find some real shady people. I like a place that is calm and has a very chill atmosphere. They also have to have great service and great food. Most of the places like this usually attract some very interesting people and you can always end up having a great conversation with a random stranger while sitting at the bar.

• music and people who goes there. I wouldn't go to a bar which most of people there are gangsters wanna be bad boys looking to a reason to fight.

• i don't have to wait, cheap drinks, hot girls. not a bunch of douche bags.

• The thing that keeps me going back to my favorite night clubs in Las Vegas are the guest appearance. But most of all it all about the decor, the girls, bottle service and music. Combine all that together you have one amazing weekend!

• i love bars because after 5 drinks, women there are so beautiful!